Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: How many bets with the nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
ALL YOU CAN EAT, BAYBEE

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2005, 04:01 PM

I once stopped at about 6 bets. I expected to see a chop. I didn't even see the 3rd or 4th nut. Just some goofball, and I wanted to get to the next hand. I'll never stop again. Once in a while, you'll get a whole bunch of money from some drunk dude who justs wants to bet. These freeroll situations can only pay off, so take them.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to the felt

[/ QUOTE ]

anything else and I will cry
Old 11-25-2005, 04:10 PM

3bet call a 4bet
Old 11-25-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I would stop is because of how long it would take to raise 100 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

one time i was at bay 101 with AA on an As4h7c9hQd board, after we went 8 bets on the river, the other guy said that he was going to keep going to the felt so the dealer just let us each put our stack in the middle. this saved time and gave me all the other guys chips much quicker.

rj
Old 11-25-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 4-5 bets, if he's a retard, why ruin his night? Punish him with a few bets if he's not having the nuts. Then stick to poker. If you like stealin candy from a baby, why not doin that instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean why ruin his night? he has 100 bets in front of him. if we get those 100 bets that makes our night absouletely fantastic. i would say anyone stopping at 3 bets here is an absolute moron.

rj
Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing in a game with a friend (which I often am), and notice the friend isn't playing A-poker in that session or is tilting or whatever, I will tell them I don't think they're playing well. But if they stay in the game, I sure as hell am not going to go easy on them out of guilt that they're playing when they shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And we will pound the [censored] out of you, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM

well, we've already established I'll go 9 bets without the nuts, so I'm taking this fool's stack if he lets me.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 11:34 PM

A virtually identical hand happened at the Hustler 6/12 a couple weeks ago. The board was AAK95 or something, and two guys went 9 bets on the river. During all this action, the floor was called over, and a couple people thought it would be a jackpot until they were told a jackpot holding was impossible (it is).

After the hand (which of course was chopped by two AKs), half the table criticized them for going so far when it was obvious they were chopping. I defended them, saying when you have the nuts it never makes sense to just call. Guy A said he played with Guy B before and knew him to be reasonable, so that's why he ultimately just called the 9th bet. Guy B said he had an unbeatable hand and said 'you never know.' I like Guy B.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 AM

If he would bet a 100 with a non nut he would be a retard literally, if you're so fond of money, don't ya believe there are honorable ways to earn them? You remind me of the Cabaret song "Money, money, money, money, mone, money...."