Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Why almost nobody plays at Paradise here

Hello !

I play almost exclusively at Paradise and I wonder why so few 2+2'ers play there. Nolimit games seems pretty soft and limit have tons of action too (at least 10/20 and higher). What is more the sofware is the best in the market and other sites are not even close (that's no.1 reason I play there I would consider Party if they fixes the slider for nolimit).
Summing up I can see few good reasons to play there and only one not to (3tables limit).
Could sb tell me what is wrong with Paradise ?

Best wishes
Old 07-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Why almost nobody plays at Paradise here

I play at paradise, but not as often as I used to. The software seems to run slower than most other sites. The big reason a lot of people here don't play there is that you can only play three tables at a time.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:41 PM

I play Paradise the most regularly out of all the sites. I couldn't get on with the software at Party at all. Pokerroom's software is OK as well.

I think people just play Party because it attracts more fish. They advertise a lot and so get more beginners. You can also get a lot of software for it to help you out... but that's a whole other thread today.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:43 PM

I tried out Paradise for a little while but I'm not a big fan of the site. I actually prefer Party's software. I only play limit so I have no need for sliders. And it might just be the time of day I like to play but I can find better tables on Party. Paradise was a rock garden when I wanted to play at night. I know it's a small sample I have but I like to stick with what works.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:14 PM

I tried adding paradise tables to my multitablings and found that their software did not do a good enough job alerting me when I had a hand, so I repeatedly timed out, then cashed out.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:17 PM

It's so much easier to multitable at Party. Plus the games are just too juicy to leave.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:19 PM

Years ago they had the best software. Now it's slow when multitabling and there is no disconnect protect. Lost 23BB pot once with the nut-straight when got disconnected for the last bet on the river. Reason enough for me to stay away.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:29 PM

It's one of the slowest sites. Old software. Good support.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Why almost nobody plays at Paradise here *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 07-09-2005, 02:36 PM

party has more players, and a higher percentage of fishy ones. also their signup and reload bonuses on the main site and skins are usually better and more frequent. you can play 4 tables at a time (and multiple skins simultaneously) and there is r******* available if you set that up as well. they have a moderately useful player points system, and though I'm sure any site's software can always be improved, I haven't really found anything to dislike about party network personally.

that being said, on the occasion where Paradise is running a bonus, I'm sure most people (including myself) go back and play it off. but they are too no-frills overall to make it the "home" site for a majority of zoo members.