Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-06-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Interview w/ The Mouth

Linky
Old 12-06-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Interview w/ The Mouth

Chip Reese doesn't understand tournament poker? Interesting quote.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:58 PM

"The only reason you won the National Heads-Up Championship is because I was in jail!"

lolll
Old 12-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Wow, this was a good interview. I've always liked Matusow, and this reinforced that.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:22 AM

This was an amazing interview, but by far the best part is:

I love going at it with Phil Hellmuth. It gets to the point where he has to pull me to one side and say, "You better knock it off, you've gone too far!" In the future, I want pay-per-view poker. I want heads-up matches with Phil Hellmuth. I mean, poker's a bit like All-Star Wrestling -- they'd probably cast me as the bad guy. Can you imagine me versus Phil? I would absolutely destroy him. Not only will I beat him because he can't play a lick to me, but after I beat him, I will mentally, physically and emotionally just [expletive] destroy him.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 AM

My favorite part by far:

"It's gonna be fun when I go to the gym because there are so many hot chicks in there. I'll be honest, I go to the gym, but right now, I'm a fat ass. But I just made $50,000 of weight-loss bets with a bunch of guys, so …"
Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 AM

This part caught my eye:

"I have the best etiquette. I only [expletive] with people I know. If there's an idiot at the table and I don't know him, I don't make fun of him because he plays like an idiot. I don't say a word. [Greg] Raymer, I didn't know, but he started [expletive] with me -- they don't show that part. He consistently [expletive] with me and he persistently came after me, so finally I said, "You better quit [expletive] with me, 'else I'm gonna [expletive] bust you." Then he did it again and I showed him the 5-high bluff and I said, "You got no [expletive] balls [expletive]. I got big balls, you got little balls." Now that was basically a statement to say "stop [expletive] with me," but he kept doing it. I told him I was going to break him and I got him to put all his chips in on a flush draw. Of course, he hit the flush."

It would be interesting to hear Greg's thoughts on this.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This part caught my eye:

"I have the best etiquette. I only [expletive] with people I know. If there's an idiot at the table and I don't know him, I don't make fun of him because he plays like an idiot. I don't say a word. [Greg] Raymer, I didn't know, but he started [expletive] with me -- they don't show that part. He consistently [expletive] with me and he persistently came after me, so finally I said, "You better quit [expletive] with me, 'else I'm gonna [expletive] bust you." Then he did it again and I showed him the 5-high bluff and I said, "You got no [expletive] balls [expletive]. I got big balls, you got little balls." Now that was basically a statement to say "stop [expletive] with me," but he kept doing it. I told him I was going to break him and I got him to put all his chips in on a flush draw. Of course, he hit the flush."

It would be interesting to hear Greg's thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though MM is making himself seem more innocuous in his statement, I'd be surprised if the account of the events leading up to it are off.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 AM

Raymer seems to me to be a gentleman. And, he's kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to participate on 2+2. However, I refrain from making any comments about Mr. Matusow. I don't want to be suspended again.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 AM

I think Mike is in love with Phil Ivey.

Also somebody should ask him how much money he got to keep after his finish in the WSOP. Oh and ask him why he hasn't been playing online lately, if he is so good.

haha this guy is so full of himself its sick.