Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Default let it go?

the ony thing i have on villian is that i open raised from utg, he called in the sb and check folded a KJx flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?

i just dont think he ever checkraises here without a king.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: let it go?

I would
Old 11-27-2005, 06:13 PM

I don't know. It certainly isn't a worse hand often, but just how often is the question. The pot is now 8BB, with another bet going in on the river which we'll have to call as well, so we're getting 9:2 if I'm looking at this correctly. So we have to be good about 18% of the time. Is that right?

Hmmm... I doubt that this is a worse hand that often. Against certain players it might be, but not on average.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:23 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

He doesn't expect/ want u to fold an ace, so fold.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:53 PM

Nope. Not many 'standard' small stakes players will fast play trip kings like this. Most likley holding with Ax[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Call the turn and re-eval the river, though, i'm tempted on calling any river, even a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 12:02 AM

I would call this one down. I think there are plenty of 5/10 players who c/r the flop without a K. C/r the turn after c/r the flop is unusual, but makes me think that he's got A, instead of a K. And if it was a decent A, he may well have 3-bet pf.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Interesting. Does anyone see any merit in using villain's line if you had a K? Against a value-betting TAG, or a bet-happy LAG, you might be able to squeeze out an extra bet in these situations.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Not many 'standard' small stakes players will fast play trip kings like this. Most likley holding with Ax[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also true that not many standard small stakes players would play a flush draw like that on the flop. I think Ax[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a possible hand but I think some kind of K is more likely.

/mc