Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Agree/Disagree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$7,000/2yrs or $7,000/730 days = $9.59 a day. Your playing for lunch money?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, it's not a bad result for a hobby. Ask people who play golf or ski as a hobby what their +/- is for the last 2 years. I'm pretty sure our boy here has them crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a college student, and play when i can. I am by no means the best player i know, but i'm always interested in getting better. I feel, and have always felt that the strategy of trying to avoid all ins unnecessarily is a winning one. I'm not playing for 5 hours a day every day. I take breaks of weeks at a time. 7k over 2 years has helped to finance a lot of my college activities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let us tell you, that your stategy is not a winning one and it sucks, a lot.

I suggest you start reading posts her on 2+2, familiarize yourself with ICM (independent chip model) and get Sit N' GO Power Tools (eastbay's program).
Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever...He is ignoring the important concept of FE and how much EV that adds to your hand in a multitude of situations (before the blinds are 100-200 etc...). W/o getting into semantics over what constitutes "the nuts" we can already surmise that his style is inherently "wrong", meaning, that he is missing out on adding expected value.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no person on the planet who makes the right play every time, or for that matter always has perfect EV. So inherently everyone is "wrong" about their play. However, i believe strongly that the GOAL of sng's is to not have to put all of your chips at risk without what you believe is the best hand by a wide margin, whether it is the absolute nuts, or 2nd or 3rd nuts. I'm not going to fold 10s on a flop of Q 10 2. The idea is to keep yourself ahead enough of the time to make it absolutely profitable, instead of going all in with AQ against J10 early in a sng. There is just no need, especially if you believe you can outplay the person after the flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:14 PM

are you playing sngs in some kind of bizarro world where you start with deep stacks and the blinds go up slowly?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:17 PM

I know you didn't really ask for our advice, but doesn't it strike you a little odd that not a single person who has responded to this thread agrees with you? Everyone thinks their strategy is a good one, but what separates the good players from the bad ones is the ability to accept criticism and alter your play and learn from it.

Keeping that in mind, I recommend re-reading the posts in this thread, reading a lot of other threads in this forum, and come to your own conclusion.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whatever...He is ignoring the important concept of FE and how much EV that adds to your hand in a multitude of situations (before the blinds are 100-200 etc...). W/o getting into semantics over what constitutes "the nuts" we can already surmise that his style is inherently "wrong", meaning, that he is missing out on adding expected value.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no person on the planet who makes the right play every time, or for that matter always has perfect EV. So inherently everyone is "wrong" about their play. However, i believe strongly that the GOAL of sng's is to not have to put all of your chips at risk without what you believe is the best hand by a wide margin, whether it is the absolute nuts, or 2nd or 3rd nuts. I'm not going to fold 10s on a flop of Q 10 2. The idea is to keep yourself ahead enough of the time to make it absolutely profitable, instead of going all in with AQ against J10 early in a sng. There is just no need, especially if you believe you can outplay the person after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine levels 1-3, but once the blinds get too high respective to your stack size, it becomes imperative to continue to acquire chips.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The push strategy works in the mid to late game because they fold too much. If they did not fold too much then we would have to exploit some other mistake they make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold too much??? At the 11s and 22s? I beg to differ. How many posts have you seen saying "Should I move up to the 55s because these donks at the 11s are calling my push on the bubble with QTo?"

[ QUOTE ]
are you playing sngs in some kind of bizarro world where you start with deep stacks and the blinds go up slowly?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's a bot and this thread is OBVIOUSLY rigged.

OT: Where the hell is "I Play G00t" when you need him? I need to laugh.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You better hope Citanul is in a good mood toda-

Oops, too late.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your friend sucks at SNGs, then.

7 k over 2 years?

lol, yeah, impressive stats bud.

There are guys that pull that in a week here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much he's made is irrelevant. How many he's played and how much he's made says more. Has he played 1000 10+1s or 5000 20+2s? Point is, given his statements, he has a lot to learn. And I don't want to hear any of this bcrap about different ways of playing being profitable. I mean, yeah, sure...but within reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just find it funny when people think they are throwing their e-peen around, when really, in reality, their e-peen is quite small.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't throwing his e-peen around, he was just attempting to refute the stated assumption that he must be a losing player.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You better hope Citanul is in a good mood toda-

Oops, too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

i might be in the worst mood i've ever been in while actively being a member of this board. i'm attempting to restrain myself from posting.

c
Closed Thread