Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Default 10,10 vs AK, dealer mucks the flop.

Final 10 of the Rio noon tourney. Top seven get paid.
Average stack is ~ 20,000.

Small blind (~10,000t) vs big blind (~15,000)

SB raises to 6000t, BB calls.

Flop comes 3 low cards. SB goes all in, BB calls.

Dealer mucks the flop, and deals another. Chaos ensues, table says that flop was 4,8,6 rainbow.

However SB does not agree and insists he had a flush draw.

What is supposed to happen here ??

Results below,

<font color="white">Dealer can not muster the floor, and the other players are moaning because the blinds are about to be raised. One guy (not in the hand) suggests we chop, we do indeed chop. </font>
Old 12-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 10,10 vs AK, dealer mucks the flop.

I have heard of a dealer scrambling a flop into the muck because he thought the hand was over, but I can't even imagine how a dealer mucks a flop for the purpose of putting out a new flop.

I'm glad I'm not the floor here. probably return the flop bets to both players and let the new flop stand restart the action since we can't recreate the old flop since their is not agreement on what the cards were.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard of a dealer scrambling a flop into the muck because he thought the hand was over, but I can't even imagine how a dealer mucks a flop for the purpose of putting out a new flop.

I'm glad I'm not the floor here. probably return the flop bets to both players and let the new flop stand restart the action since we can't recreate the old flop since their is not agreement on what the cards were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not going to work if you guys have already exposed your cards. ..... What a a headache.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 AM

First off, I highly doubt the dealer just decided to muck the flop and deal another. I guarantee the dealer thought the hand was over and killed the board. Then he dealt another one to replace it.

The procedure is as follows.

Call a floorperson and let them figure it out. There is NO F'in way the dealer should have been fixing one of the biggest mistakes a dealer can make.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:27 AM

Yes the dealer mucked the flop because he thought the hand was over. Sorry if this was not clear.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:35 PM

First thing I do is get the guys 2 free meals, appologize over and over then try to talk them into chopping the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes the dealer mucked the flop because he thought the hand was over. Sorry if this was not clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the dealer apologize profusely, or did he act like it was somehow the players' fault? Stuff like this is usually a result of a dealer getting tired and daydreaming, but it's amazing how quickly some dealers will seek to blame the players when they make horrible mistakes like this.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Thank you Photoc.

Call the damn floor already. There is NO other solution.

The floor might come up with several possible solutions here, none of which I am going to comment on, except one.

KICK THE FRIGGIN' DEALER IN THE NUTS.

I like that solution. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 12-28-2005, 06:01 PM

A little off topic, but other than that hand, how was the Rio tourney? What was the buy-in? Were there rebuys? How was the structure?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little off topic, but other than that hand, how was the Rio tourney? What was the buy-in? Were there rebuys? How was the structure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the tourney, a lot. $40 gets you $2000 in chips. 1 $40 add on/rebuy gets you $1500. This has to be taken in the first hour.

Blinds start out 25/50 and double every 15 or 20 mins (sorry cant remember). 1 round after the first break a 25 ante is introduced.

fri-sun there is approx 100 entrants (capped at 100) and up to 28 alternates !!!!! Only 7 can make the money.

mon-thur 50-60 seemed the norm. 10% get in the money.

p.s Dealers mistake arose from him chatting. I also saw him muck flops on 2 other occassions. Scarily he wears a tag that says he is a WSOP dealer !!! Wanna see him muck Helmuths flop LOL