Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Another hand with Padawon\'s Master

I thought PF was most interesting.

sb is Padawon's Master - chief444

Button has $14 at the start of the hand

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls
Old 12-22-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Another hand with Padawon\'s Master

Is it a good idea to call two cold back to you with that hand pre-flop? I'm trying to make up my mind...
Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a good idea to call two cold back to you with that hand pre-flop? I'm trying to make up my mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally a standard muck for me.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:24 PM

Yes you're probably dominated by at least one of em (AK, AQ), the other might have a decent pair, 88 or better. Fold while it's still cheap.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:46 PM

The thing about preflop is that chief444 probably sees Button's 3-bet as an oppurtunity to knock out Qtip. When its back to us we're getting like 6.5:1 on our call which may or may not be good enough. I guess chief444 would have to cap with 88, 99, TT for calling to be correct. Not too sure.

On the turn we're getting 10:1 which is fine as long as we can make up 1.5BB (I think) on the river.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:49 PM

I'm not sure if I like the flop call either.

Most of your outs either give someone a flush, a different flush draw, or a straight draw (EDIT: or a set). Then again, that's still probably enough for a call... (EDIT: I think).
Old 12-22-2005, 05:51 PM

[grunch] I would normally fold preflop. Even if I thought that the SB knows you would fold AJo when it's two back to you, I would still fold. But if you call, nervously call flop, fold turn.

Of course, I don't know chief444 like you, QTip (actually at all), is it likely he's just getting tricky with you knowing the button isn't much of a threat? I think I still want to fold preflop (and then on the turn after calling the flop) though. What could he have on the turn that we're beating?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes you're probably dominated by at least one of em (AK, AQ), the other might have a decent pair, 88 or better. Fold while it's still cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving them way too much credit. First, hero is opening from the cutoff. So his hand range is quite large here, and SB would realize that, and the button might. Button 3-bets, which is normally a sign of strength, but he's a low stack, and low stacks do strange things a lot of the time. Finally, SB caps, but all that means is he has a hand decent enough that he wants to go heads-up with the low stack, who will only have three small bets left for post-flop play. He knows the hero will fold most of his hand range to a cap. I'm thinking most pairs, many ace hands, and the stronger king hands is SB's range.

So I like the call here pre-flop. Post-flop seems okay too.

Edited because I misremembered button's stack size.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:56 PM

Preflop...I don't really care either way...I generally call here, but the options are very close.

The flop is a clear call.

The turn is close, but I think you are right in calling. It's going to be a rare spot that you don't get two more bets out of chief on the river when you hit your q, and if the button comes along then you really make money.

Will
Old 12-22-2005, 05:57 PM

Sounds like chief444 has you psychologically dominated. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would fold to the two bet for fear of domination (or beefy PP). (AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ all make you really sad)

Flop call; you have good odds.

Turn call is fine, I assume the button will call here too, so you are getting roughly 10:1 . . . I don't know chief444 but he will probably bet into a Q given his aggression so far. . . if he checks after the Q you can always bet =). Qc I would be afraid of the button (looks like he might be playing a flush or ???) but go ahead and bet/call anyway.