Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Two hands against tough LAG

You need to bet out the flop on hand 1. It plays easier that way.

A cap is a bit excessive for hand 2. Just call the 3-bet and donk the turn, prolly call down if raised. River is the perfect spot for a bet/call. I know a clarky is supposed to be done with a set, but top two pair should give us a similar line, right?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:06 PM

--blind response--

hand 1:

I'm confused about your flop line. was that a check/call, check/raise, or check/fold?

I tend to bet/fold these flops vs passives, but this guy will bluff raise too often for that to work.

I hate having to fold the turn though, because you pretty much forced him to bet whatever two cards he had. With that said, it's hard to take another line that isnt total spew. His position on you sucks for this hand.

hand 2:

I like a bet/call on the river. Its possible he's on a flush draw, and its also possible he's calling you down with a strong ten or a pp. This guy knows how to find a fold and check behind, so its a disaster if he takes the free showdown with a hand like AT or 88. You have a strong enough hand to call, and if he blufraises you here that goes in the note box as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused about your flop line. was that a check/call, check/raise, or check/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to peel if he bet. I would have called a K on the turn (obviously) or a low card, but the A pretty much cements that I'm behind with very few, if any, outs.