Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Iffy turn raise.

Readless table, just sat down.

Is this totally out of line? Calling the turn seems awful with two more guys still to act, but is raising insane? Does anyone fold (even taking into account my T outs)?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 12-19-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Iffy turn raise.

I like it. Calling a 3-bet and folding the river UI?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 AM

Er... I would probably call the river if it got HU and I was 3-bet.

Anyone else? Is this standard?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Er... I would probably call the river if it got HU and I was 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you even good 1-15 there.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Two cold callers means either a K, a strong draw - something like JT or T8 - or a pair plus a bckdoor, in that order of likelihood. Bet/3bet from SB means TP at the very, very least, and more likely two pair.

So you're behind SB and putting in two. If your coldcallers are on Ks then you're probably still good, although there's some small chance they have a better K or two-paired on the turn. Small, but its there because you're readless. If they had a strong draw, they either made it or turned a pair. If they had a pair plus a draw (not counting K+draw), the either paired or two paired or improved their draw.

Can we assume then that everyone drawing has at least 4 and more likely 8+ outs against you? Some of those are shared, and some of them are taken away by the J in your hand, so you have to think about that. And besides dodging their outs, you're almost certainly behind a SB that bet/3bet and led a somewhat threatening turn.

Can anyone help me with the math on this? I really feel like hero is putting a good amount of money in with the worst of it given these assumptions, but my assumptions may be off, math is hard, and wine is good.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:33 AM

Just call it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my dream world, MP and CO were folding, and SB would give me a free showdown. D'oh.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, MP calls, CO calls.