Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-19-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: i had a dream last night that the colts went 16-0

Yeah, the Vince Wilfork beat the ever loving piss out of that O-line. Still, I think it's important to remember that the Pats beat up on a team that was a) roughly average and b) not a good matchup. The Bucs don't have a great O-Line and rely on a very complicated short passing offense. This, of course, completely masks the secondary deficiency the current Pats have. Teams with good O-Lines and medium-to-long passing attacks should be able to expose the defense. Fortunately for the Pats, those teams are like, uh, the Colts and Bengals, maybe the Seahawks.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the Vince Wilfork beat the ever loving piss out of that O-line. Still, I think it's important to remember that the Pats beat up on a team that was a) roughly average and b) not a good matchup. The Bucs don't have a great O-Line and rely on a very complicated short passing offense. This, of course, completely masks the secondary deficiency the current Pats have. Teams with good O-Lines and medium-to-long passing attacks should be able to expose the defense. Fortunately for the Pats, those teams are like, uh, the Colts and Bengals, maybe the Seahawks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say Seahawks? So in your opinion, the door is open a least a crack for the Pats to get back to the big game again. I like it.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Colts O line didn't look so great yesterday. Especially w/ their injury at RG (name escapes me right now)

Everyone keeps talking about the Pats secondary being so terrible - and I agree it's not great - but who did the Patriots have at the corners last year vs. the Colts? I believe the starters were Asante Samuel and Randall Gay. Not much different than Samuel and Hobbs.

I grant that Harrison is a big loss, but Sanders has looked better lately - he is a rookie after all.

The front 7, meanwhile, will probably be BETTER than it was a year ago, when Seymour didn't play.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i didnt see the game, how many of their starters did indy play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, unless you count the 3 defensive starters who were held out, all with injuries that Dungy admitted would not have kept them out of a playoff game.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt matter bc defense definitely didnt cost the colts this game

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter unless you care about accuracy.
JoA nitpiks other posts to death when they make a statement like that, I'm just holding him to the same standard. The effect on the game is debatable, but you can't act like they didn't rest guys.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:12 PM

The Colts defense was not impressive. Nice 50 yard pass on 3rd and 10+ pinned inside the 10 they gave up. Followed nicely by giving up an 80 yard TD run when you KNEW they were running the ball. Tomlinson was neutralized but Brees had a big game. The Colts were pretty bleh on both sides of the ball. Now we know how they play when a game doesn't really matter. Welcome to loss #2 in Seattle.