Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Questions for ZeeJustin

First, I'd like to say congratulations on winning the Stars 500K gaurantee tonight. I just began playing these last week. I watched the final table. It was clear from the deal negotiations that you felt that you were the best player there. But, there was no deal and you ended up taking it. Well played.

My questions are:
-How many times have you entered this tournament?
-How many times have you monied?
-How Many times have you made the final table?

I am asking because I would like to know what to expect out of these large field tournies.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

X
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Questions for ZeeJustin

Bump.
I see the Zee has answered insults in other threads. I was hoping not to resort to that. I was just hoping for a str8 answer and maybe to start a thread that people could have a civil dialogue with the new 500K guarantee champion for this week anyway.

I was not trying to demean Zee's success in any way by asking. What I expect to hear is that he has entered a large number of times and worked very hard to get where he got. Which is all OK, it's what I expect to do. I don't imagine that he just started playing this particular tournament.

I guess us little people just don't merit answers to simple questions.

X
Old 12-12-2005, 09:49 AM

lol, wow dude relax.

First of all, they aren't simple questions, they are poor questions. Zee isn't the first player to win a 3500 person tournament, your questions aren't really directed at him specifically, they are just general tournament questions. If you sign up for thepokerdb then you could know exactly how many times he has entered/cashed in this tournament. He, along with hundreds of other people, play the same 200 dollar tournaments every sunday. I hate to speak for him so I'll just stop talking about him.

To put it simply, winning a tournament like this is hard. VERY hard. Assume for a moment that everyone who enters the tournament is of equal skill. That means everyone has a 1/3500 chance of winning. Now lets say ZeeJustin has 5x the chance of winning as an average player, which would amazing. That means he still doesn't expect to win more than 1/700 times. See where this is going?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 AM

Yes Exactly.

That's why I asked. I have dabbled with large field freerolls in the past and even with all the dead money around the table, I never once won anything. I've played maybe 20 or 30 total. I know that's not a lot. In smaller MTT's, I tend to do very well, if you can believe it.

I intend to be one of those hundreds of people who play this tournament every Sunday. I am just starting & so far I'm 0 for 2. I imagine I'll be 0 for a lot more.

I did not know about thepokerrb of which you speak. I'll look it up and find out more. Thanks for the lead.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM

Haha you don't have to go psycho on him because he didn't answer your question in 8 hours. He's probably STILL sleeping (I know I would be).
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM

Seriously Joe,
How hard of a question did I ask? When I see him take the time to answer someone talking about hands in another thread at 5AM this morning, but can't take the time to type:

I have played in this tournament _______ number of times.
I have monied ________ number of times.
I have made the final table _______ number of times.....

It makes me think there's something more to it than he's just sleeping.

Hell, I'd be happy if one of the groupies answered. Like that guy who suggested looking it up on "thepokerrb." Why didn't he just do that and answer instead of talking about how poor my questions are?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:39 PM

you're gonna be very popular on the mtt boards.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM

Chillax dude. Jeebus.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My questions are:

I am asking because I would like to know what to expect out of these large field tournies.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, I would like to know the answers to these questions myself. I know I am as good as you are, ZeeJustin, so using your experience will let me know what to expect in terms of win rates, ITM, etc.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My questions are:

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, I would like to know the answers to these questions myself. I know I am as good as you are, ZeeJustin, so using your experience will let me know what to expect in terms of win rates, ITM, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's crazy. You might as well ask Greg Raymer about his WSOP track record and use that to guage your predicted success. Or better yet, I hear that Tiger Woods is on this board occasionally, maybe you could see your future as a pro golfer.

Tournaments are a combination of skill and luck. Your performance on any given day depends on both. Obviously, skill helps ensure you take full advantage of good luck and minimize damage on bad, but it's still a factor. Ask Phil Helmuth, he'd win everytime.

that said, I wish you the best in any tournament you enter. I just don't think asking someone else how many times they needed to play will help.
Closed Thread