Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Canterbury floor ruling

This is one of the first times I was upset with a floor ruling at Canterbury. It did not involve a hand, just a table change.

There were two 30/60 games with no must move as it broke earlier. Dennis just showed up and I get on the list to table change to his table. A little while later another guy on my table also asked for a change from 30 to 31.

About an hour later a seat opens up and I get called for it. One floor tells me to go ahead and move. I rack up my chips, and walk to the next table over. Before I get there I am confronted by a different floor and am asked if I would have a problem with them moving the other person wanting a seat change first, because there is a problem with two players playing at the same table. I say yes I would have a problem with that because I had been on the list much longer and I wanted to get in the other game (also I was stuck and not in a very good mood). The floor says ok, we will just make this game ten handed.

So I go ahead and take my seat on 31 and the floor tells everyone they are making the game ten handed, and everyone starts getting upset. They ask why it is going to be ten handed, and it is explained that there is a problem with the person who was next up for a change off of 30 and the person who is next up to get my now vacant seat on 30. Everyone is very pissed that because of possible past collusion the floor was going to punish the 9 customers at table 31 with having to cram 10 people at the table. Dennis says forget this and walks away missing his blind, and another player says if they make it 10 handed he is leaving.

The floor then says the solution should have been to just give the guy behind me the table change first and make me go back to 30, but since I was already there the game was going to have to be 10 handed.

The situation is finally resolved by the guy who said he was going to leave after his blind, and the guy needing the table change agreeing to wait until this happened to take the seat.

So, do you think the floor was in error, I am a nit for not letting the other guy take the change, and/or everyone at the table was being a nit for complaining about being 10 handed.

(A side note, the incident that caused the floors to not want the two guys to play together happened up to 6 months ago, and the guy was talking about it later and other people seemed to think it was silly they didn't want them to play together, but I couldn't hear much of the conversation)