Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Bellagio or somewhere else to keep wife happy

I'll be headed out to LV in November with my brother and our wives, and I'm planning to play at the Bellagio.

I have found a room at the Venetian for about $215 a night and will be checking the Bellagio for the poker rate tomorrow, but I was more concerned about shopping and other entertainment for the wives.

Any tips on the value of staying where you are playing? I have done this in the past, and it seemed to be of some value, but I don't have anything else to compare it to.

I have stayed at the Mirage before, so I am familiar with the stuff to do in and near the Venetian. If the Bellagio poker rate is close to the Venetian rate of $215, which is a better place to keep our wives busy and happy (and off our backs)?

I am open to other suggestions as well. The room needs to be kind of nice, though.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Bellagio or somewhere else to keep wife happy

The Bellagio poker rate, unless it's changed in the last couple months, is $129 during the week and $199 on the weekends.

I myself like the Bellagio better in all respects to the Ventian. But from a wife standpoint, I can see how she might prefer the Venetian. There's the Gondola rides, and there's more shopping at "real-life" prices--the Bellagio pretty much has only the uber-high-end stores.

That's going on my stereotypical view of women; I'm unmarried myself.

I haven't been to the pool at the Venetian, but the pool at the Bellagio is the greatest pool I've been to in Vegas.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:44 PM

There is always supplementary shopping. Caesars Forum shops are right next to Bellagio.

The Fashion Show mall is closeby to the Venetian.

There's always the spa, too.

Shows?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 PM

Check out THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. My wife loved the room there, and during the week, they're heavily discounting the room in November.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bellagio poker rate, unless it's changed in the last couple months, is $129 during the week and $199 on the weekends.

I myself like the Bellagio better in all respects to the Ventian. But from a wife standpoint, I can see how she might prefer the Venetian. There's the Gondola rides, and there's more shopping at "real-life" prices--the Bellagio pretty much has only the uber-high-end stores.

That's going on my stereotypical view of women; I'm unmarried myself.

I haven't been to the pool at the Venetian, but the pool at the Bellagio is the greatest pool I've been to in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Call the Bellagio poker room and set up your reservations for the poker rate. The wife should be plenty happy. Reserve yourself tickets to "O"....Thats worth tons for points with the wife. Go see it...well worth it. Might wanna make reservations for dinner at Circo too. Great view of the "Lake Bellagio Fountains" at nite. Do those two things and you can play poker to your hearts content.

And if you want to get a littel bit of that "thing" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] thats been missing since ya got married. Get her a spa at Bellagio too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 11:54 PM

I'll keep your wife happy.

Giggidy
Old 09-30-2005, 06:37 AM

If your wife isn't happy staying at the Bellagio, I don't know how you'll ever make her happy.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Thanks, guys. Just the help I needed.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:08 AM

I stayed last week at the Wynn. The shopping inside the Wynn is super high end and hopefully your wife won't buy anything there. But is is directly accross the street from the Fashion Show Mall which is one of my favorites in the whole country.

The poker rate was good at the Wynn, the room was fantastic! The spa and fitness center are also top notch. The management of the poker room were very nice. The only downside to the experience is that there just wasn't as much action at the Wynn as at Bellagio. But the dealers, floor people and players were more pleasant.

I have stayed at the Venetian several times, Bellagio, Mirage, THE Hotel, Mandalay, New York New York, MGM and a couple of others. Bellagio is very nice (ask for a room with high speed internet even if you don't want it - those rooms have recently been updated and are better) but nothing is quite as nice as The Wynn.

Have Fun.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 AM

Can you call and set up the poker rate at Bellagio without any prior play?

And what type of levels and hours of play are necessary to complete requirements?