Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Default SSHE overview?

I'm mainly a NL SNG player, and I read about 2/3 of Miller's SSHE way back. I'm planning to pop over to Vegas in two weeks and I'm a total noob at live play, so I was going to do a crash read of SSHE.

My question: Is there anywhere I can get a quick rundown of the super-strengths/questionable-weaknesses of SSHE, or am I condemned to pore through the search archives to needle through? A 10-point 'watch-for' list would be great if someone could make one or point me to one as I read SSHE again!

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: SSHE overview?

SSHE is not a NL or SNG book.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 PM

i think asking someone to make you a list is a little absurd. this is a terrific book, that will help you in nl as well as limit. of couse it is better for limit. i consider it a must read for all poker players.

SMALL STAKES HOLD 'EM by Ed Miller, David Sklansky & Mason Malmuth.
A great book on small stakes Hold 'em. Not for the beginner. It incorporates a lot of the principles of 'Hold 'em for Advanced Players" and "Theory of Poker".
Old 08-01-2005, 07:40 PM

The above review is correct. This is the best book on small stakes limit games and one of the best books on poker ever written. It is the standard by which others should be judged, so making a list of flaws is pointless as you won't get better information elsewhere.