Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: AK flop play

[ QUOTE ]
First off, let's assume that hero is up against a set or a straight

[/ QUOTE ]

58 calls a raise in SB?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off, let's assume that hero is up against a set or a straight

[/ QUOTE ]

58 calls a raise in SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

... and i see you completely missed the point.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling sucks. You're gonna face a big bet on the turn and miss over 2 out of 3 of them.

I'd make it 700 and push any turn. I think you have (slightly) more FE that way than with an outright push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it so wrong to just cut your losses and fold if he is facing a big turn bet? I push here a lot, but I'll call sometimes as well if I think they may give me a cheap turn and will call with crappy overpairs when i push.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 AM

His point is pretty clear.

I give about 0% prob to a straight in my outs calculation though, thats my point. If you mention a possible hand you should assign weight to it, in this case it will lower the chance that A/K are outs.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 AM

I dont like the push. As wiggs73 laid out, you've got the odds you need to call, w/o implieds, and no cheap turn needed. Its early enough that a call doesnt cripple your stack if u miss.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:12 AM

Am I the only person that thinks his most obvious hands are JJ and TT and he was min-raising me to see where I was at in the hand?

Villain folded but I never felt he had a straight.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 AM

Interesting. So many posts are losing stories that I insta-assume the worst...to answer your question (though it may not be the 'right' play) I slow down and call...
Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 AM

I check behind on the flop. I like this play a lot when you flop the nut flush draw, even headsup as the preflop raiser.

Basically avoids all the difficult decisions you are faced with when you are checkraised. There is nothing worse here than getting check raised off the nut flush draw, and if you decide to call anyway, okay it's not the end of the world to get allin on the flop, but if your opponent has a great hand worth putting all his chips in, it'd be nice to see a free turn as you might win all his chips anyway.

Also the pot is small enough where it's not very important for you to win it right away.

When I play this is a pretty standard check behind in this situation. This isn't to say I do it 100% of the time, but it's definitely the default play. Just think about how much easier the hand is to play...
Old 07-15-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His point is pretty clear.

I give about 0% prob to a straight in my outs calculation though, thats my point. If you mention a possible hand you should assign weight to it, in this case it will lower the chance that A/K are outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

His point it just that in the worst case scenerio, you have the odds to call. He's not in anyway implying that the guy is actually holding a set or straight.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:51 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Calling sucks. You're gonna face a big bet on the turn and miss over 2 out of 3 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're getting better than 4.5:1 with deep stacks. Not hitting 70% of the time doesn't seem so bad to me.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I'd make it 700 and push any turn. I think you have (slightly) more FE that way than with an outright push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just seems stupid aggressive. You're willing to lose your 75BB stack on a bluff push on a missed turn rather than call and see if a good card hits? Am I really missing this much about sng strategy?