Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Should I push this flop?

Read on Villain is that he is quite aggressive. He has been overbetting pots and raising frequently, and has pushed me and others out of some pots (so I feel like a push has to have a decent amount of fold equity here).
I have a pretty tight/solid image at table, but I have also folded to some raises after trying to steal from button/CO.
Is this a decent spot to play back at villain, or should I just call and see the turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($16.35)</font>
MP ($6.80)
CO ($14.75)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($32.55)</font>
SB ($11)
BB ($64.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Villain checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $3.25</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $32.3</font>...
Old 06-03-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Should I push this flop?

You are pushing with mid pair against villian who has c/r you? I dont think there is much fold equity at all in this spot.

He is not doing this with a nine or overpair, I whould put him on a set or twopair.

I dont like calling either since if you get your straight you probobly wont get any action unless he has 810/J
Old 06-03-2005, 01:47 PM

I think against a more passive or tight opponent, I would agree with you about the folding equity. But this opponent has been raising LOTS of flops, so he doesn't necessarily have to have a big hand here.
On the other hand, he checkraised me here, so I suppose its possible that his standards for checkraising here are a lot higher, but it sure doesn't seem like the case from what I've seen.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:04 PM

I don't play 25nl, but I assume that check-raise bluffs on the flop are extremely rare.
If you put him on a range that includes two pair, a set, an overpair (or 88), T8, or top pair (A9 - T9), which is I think about as broad as you can go, then you are a 60/40 dog.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 PM

This is a reasonable place to take a stand, which you had already decided you are going to have to do soon or be run over completely. Your pair and OESD is almost even with AA.