Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Another 6/12 B&M Hand

Folds to Hero at MP1 who raises to 12 with Kc Qd
MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls
Flop Qc Jd 9h
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds
Turn Kh
Hero checks, MP2 bets, Button raises,
Hero?

I'm not a great limit player so I am unsure of how to play these hands. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Another 6/12 B&M Hand

On the turn you can fold since you don't have the odds to draw to a fullhouse and its likely one of them will have a straight.

I would've also bet and fold to a raise on the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have bet the turn too. But when it comes back raised to us, we are getting ~10/11:1 to call and have 4 full house outs and 2/3 outs to a split. Is this still a fold?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 AM

Whoops you're right we can't really fold then

Maybe if for some reason we think some of our outs are gone since someone may also have a pair of Ks or Qs. That might make it a fold.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have bet the turn too. But when it comes back raised to us, we are getting ~10/11:1 to call and have 4 full house outs and 2/3 outs to a split. Is this still a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot on the turn was 6.5 big bets so with the raise and the reraise on the turn I was getting 9.5 to 1 to draw to a fullhouse.
I ended up folding to the two big bets into me. My reasoning for the fold was that MP2 might 3 bet it with a 10, I figured I needed 11:1 to draw to a full house, and there were reverse implied odds with calling the turn because then if I miss my full house I am going to have a hard time folding on the river. (These reverse implied odds are only partially offset by the implied odds if I do fill up.)
What got me was that in this hand, MP2 had QJ and the button had KJ, meaning I threw away the best hand. I still didn't think my laydown was a bad one but I felt I should post it to get other opinions.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot on the turn was 6.5 big bets so with the raise and the reraise on the turn I was getting 9.5 to 1 to draw to a fullhouse.
I ended up folding to the two big bets into me. My reasoning for the fold was that MP2 might 3 bet it with a 10, I figured I needed 11:1 to draw to a full house, and there were reverse implied odds with calling the turn because then if I miss my full house I am going to have a hard time folding on the river. (These reverse implied odds are only partially offset by the implied odds if I do fill up.)
What got me was that in this hand, MP2 had QJ and the button had KJ, meaning I threw away the best hand. I still didn't think my laydown was a bad one but I felt I should post it to get other opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you aren't very good at math. On the turn there are 6.5 BB in the pot.

The river goes:

You check
V1 bets, 7.5BB
V2 raises, 9.5BB

Now it's your turn. You are paying 2 BB into a 9.5 BB pot, meaning you aren't getting 9.5/1, you are getting half that. The way you played it, easy fold here.

If you bet the turn, and it goes raise, call, then the pot will have 11.5 BB in it, and you only have to call 1, meaning you call hoping to spike a K.