Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-25-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: iPod vs. PSP question

It obviously depends on what you want to use it most for.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:38 PM

ilya,

I have the video iPOD and I'm really happy with it. However, as you know I have fewer gaming needs as you. So far I have converted videos so that I can put them on my iPOD. Mainly pron....and while I have had issues with the sound/video tracking at the same time, generally I'm quite happy with watching stuff on it (altho the PSP would has a significantly bigger screen right?). I got the 30gb version and while it is enough for the music I want to have on there.....I certainly couldn't get by with 1gb.

From what I know about you I'd lean towards the PSP unless you feel the DS will be ur main portable gaming platform...then get an iPOD (I still go to work on my GBA [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and likely will for a while if I jones for gaming on the go).

Yugoslav
Old 12-25-2005, 07:44 PM

I got a video ipod for x-mas. What kind of conversion do i need to do of my video files? and where do i go to get converters etc?

thanks
blake

ps ill post a report about which to get later. I used my phone as an mp3 player/phone/internet surfer/camera for the longest, i am gonna try this out though.

blake
Old 12-25-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you comparing a music device to a gaming device?

Anyway, 60GB > 1GB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ilya,

While 60G > 1G size matters.

-Maulik
Old 12-25-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a video ipod for x-mas. What kind of conversion do i need to do of my video files? and where do i go to get converters etc?

thanks
blake

ps ill post a report about which to get later. I used my phone as an mp3 player/phone/internet surfer/camera for the longest, i am gonna try this out though.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]
I used a program called, I think, PSP Video 9.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Well... I have both and use them for different things... I have music on my ipod as well as videos... but it is a Mp3 player... try going on a trip and listening to music on your psp. it is big. you can put it in your back pocket, but everytime you sit down you will be taking it out. a real pain when you are caring luggage, backpack or whatever. The psp is great for games... i love gta, and it is also good for movies. i bought a 1gig memory card and can easily put i full length movie on it. anyway,

PSP Pros:
bigger screen
play games

PSP Cons:
bigger unit (i said unit)
UND movies expensive $15-20 a piece
1 gig memory card ($100.00)
games $30+

IPOD Pros:
Small
30 or 60 gig
plays vidoes
alot of memory for movies/music
can hook to my car radio
eaiser interface with itunes...

IPOD Cons:
smaller screen
no games??
$299-399

I like and use both but for different uses. pick what you want to do and get that. you want to play games. buy a PSP, you want to listen to music buy an ipod. they are different. can the psp play mp3s?? yes, but thats not what its best for. but if you can't afford both than pick which ever one suits your needs best and save for the other. You can pick up a 2g nano for pretty cheap?? thanks and good luck

Oh yea, for the question about video for ipods?? i use Xilisoft Video Converter. All you do is rip a dvd to your computer and use that program to convert it to the right format for your ipod. also works for psp. $35.00 but it works!
Old 12-25-2005, 08:38 PM

well, it obviously depends on whether or not you want to play games.

i wouldn't get a psp because i have no interest in video games. i think the ipod's are better anyway because you can just store the videos on there and not have to carry around a case with a bunch of games/movies in it.

but if you are interested in video games the psp is a no brainer. my brother got one today and the graphics are awesome.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well... I have both and use them for different things... I have music on my ipod as well as videos... but it is a Mp3 player... try going on a trip and listening to music on your psp. it is big. you can put it in your back pocket, but everytime you sit down you will be taking it out. a real pain when you are caring luggage, backpack or whatever. The psp is great for games... i love gta, and it is also good for movies. i bought a 1gig memory card and can easily put i full length movie on it. anyway,

PSP Pros:
bigger screen
play games

PSP Cons:
bigger unit (i said unit)
UND movies expensive $15-20 a piece
1 gig memory card ($100.00)
games $30+

IPOD Pros:
Small
30 or 60 gig
plays vidoes
alot of memory for movies/music
can hook to my car radio
eaiser interface with itunes...

IPOD Cons:
smaller screen
no games??
$299-399

I like and use both but for different uses. pick what you want to do and get that. you want to play games. buy a PSP, you want to listen to music buy an ipod. they are different. can the psp play mp3s?? yes, but thats not what its best for. but if you can't afford both than pick which ever one suits your needs best and save for the other. You can pick up a 2g nano for pretty cheap?? thanks and good luck

Oh yea, for the question about video for ipods?? i use Xilisoft Video Converter. All you do is rip a dvd to your computer and use that program to convert it to the right format for your ipod. also works for psp. $35.00 but it works!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, that's very helpful. Happy holidays.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:14 PM

There are games on the Ipod!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thanks
blake

[/ QUOTE ]

i use this one