Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Fold bottom set here? :/

My read on villain in this hand was that he was very good, I considered him the best player at the table. He was very tight/agg and had shown down good hands each time. I had 200 hands on him and he was 21/8....

Does anyone like this fold? If you don't fold, please tell me what you are putting him on to be reraising here. I didn't think there was anyway he limped with k/3 or k/2 and if he did he's not going to reraise it here I didn't think. Also he wouldnt be dumb enough to reraise KQ or KJ here and would def raise AK pf I thought. What do you guys think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

BB ($89.09)
UTG ($146.77)
MP ($270)
Hero ($109.80)
SB ($33.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB folds, BB calls $15, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $50</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. MP wins $85. </font>
Old 12-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Fold bottom set here? :/

Well he has to have exactly 33 here. But it sure looks like he has it. If the board was more coordinated I'd push, there is only 1 high card and he doesn't seem to care about it too much.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 AM

not like it matters much but i asked him what he had after the hand and he said 33 =/
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Well if he's good then his hand range is alot wider then exactly 33. Depending on how agg he is, this could be a big draw(something like pair and nut flush draw,str8 + FD). Although maybe not likely he could have K2s,K3s. Your raise also may have been misinterpreted as a flush draw and he's protecting TP. Still a tough call but I think you have to make it. There are times when you can fold a set, but folding a set out of fear of an overset isn't one of them. JMO
Old 12-20-2005, 12:29 AM

I'm all-in against his hand. I agree with your thoughts, but who knows villain could be tilting from another table, pushing a flush /straight draw.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:30 AM

easy push in an unraised pot
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Well, I didn't really mean good as in he's tricky, just that he wasn't doing anything stupid or making mistakes. My main read on him was that he was very tight and very cookie cutter.

Maybe all the set vs sets ive been running into has made me wearysome. With no read on this player though i'm getting it all in every time obv.