Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-18-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Cash in your ARP!

its 8500ARP = $50

anyone want to swap $50 let me know.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:38 PM

My offer was with the 8500 ARPs in mind. I have 17000 of these babies.

I'd rather get money on Party instead of a straight transfer of gift certificates, since the conspiracy theorist in me think Absolute might object to switching of certificates.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:47 PM

ur offering a 25 dollar overylay? If thats the case Ill do it for you.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Omg don't tell me I spent $500 on pajama pants.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lighten up buddy.
There is no "spirit" here -- we're poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this case you are a thief... plain and simple. The terms and conditions of the offer explicitly prohibit what you are doing.

If you were a poker player you would be playing poker instead of trying to go through contortions to scam a website out of $50-$100.

I think it is a great offer by Absolute, it is just a shame that so many of you are looking to run a scam job on a website that is already very generous to their players in terms of bonus and rakeback.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a great offer by Absolute, it is just a shame that so many of you are looking to run a scam job on a website that is already very generous to their players in terms of bonus and rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. I agree with you, but I also think you should be able to simple exchange the points for money.

I do agree however that internet poker players as a whole, and specifically low limit bonus whores, have a tendancy to abuse promotions and rationalize it in the name of EV.

This one is so easy to abuse, however, that it seems difficult to fault players.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:56 PM

I can never seem to get into the ARP store. The window pops up for a second then closes and I get a mssag saying "this window could not be found." I tried lowering my security settings but it doesn't work. any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:51 PM

Thank you for the ethics lesson, your belief system intrigues me.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lighten up buddy.
There is no "spirit" here -- we're poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this case you are a thief... plain and simple. The terms and conditions of the offer explicitly prohibit what you are doing.

If you were a poker player you would be playing poker instead of trying to go through contortions to scam a website out of $50-$100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scam job? Come on. They offer this knowing full well that players will try to make as much $$ off of it as they can. Promotions like these (and their plethora of bonuses) are what cause them to even have players. If they decide it isn't worth it for them, they'll cancel the promotion. Until then, I expect every intelligent poker player to take advantage of it. It's not a matter of ethics. It's merely another form of rakeback.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the ethics lesson, your belief system intrigues me.

[/ QUOTE ]

These people looking to scam the gift certificate offer are the same ones who will whine their asses off if there is a rake increase.

Absolute already supports and condones rakeback. They also offer so many bonuses that I doubt any of us have ever played a hand there without a bonus.

El Sapo says that he believes that we should be paid for points... we are already.. twice. Once in the form of rakeback and once in the form of bonuses (Which are not deducted from your MGR, so your RB % at Absolute is actually higher than a equivalent % at other sites). Also as an added bonus, the games 10/20 and below are soft. So if you are a reasonably competent player you will earn a profit off of your play.

And still after all this, you have people looking to scam the website. If this was Party Poker... I could maybe see it... as Party seems to make a special effort to irritate their players.

However, Absolute aside from a few isolated and minor problems, has always tried to cater to the hard core players. I have recieved about 4-5 phone calls from them the last year... all just to see if there was anyway they could improve. As a matter of fact if there were industry awards... Absolute should get most improved site IMO.

Still after all this they run a promotion, that actually offers a decent return, a good use (They probably hope to pick up some additional customers), and actually is a good gift idea... and the first thing people do is try to figure a way to scam it. Think about it... one of the few sites that actually makes an effort to service their customers and so many people here are so anxious to piss on them.

What is more irritating is that I am sure people rationalise it in their minds that they are not stealing.