Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:18 PM

Default too superstitious

OK, I feel kind of silly about this, but the real reason I'm making this post is because I currently have 666, and that's making me uncomfortable. If someone were to ask me whether I'm superstitious, I'd definitely say no, but maybe I'm just not being honest with myself. Some things do bother me more than others...like I have no problems with black cats, but I wouldn't walk under a ladder if I could help it. What's the most superstitious behavior you've witnessed? I once was arranging a small party with a friend, and that night as people were coming in, it looked at one point like there were going to be 13 of us in total. He got his stuff together and was literally on his way out the door before the 14th person arrived and he calmed down. He was not going to stay if there were 13 people. So at least I'm not that bad, but still, I'm a little embarrased about this.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:26 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: too superstitious

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I feel kind of silly about this, but the real reason I'm making this post is because I currently have 666, and that's making me uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't believe you. you wouldn't have written that much if you wanted the number changed fast due to superstition. you were 666 for 13 minutes which is clearly long enough for the devil to get you. 5 minutes might have been believable. type faster next time.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 PM

Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I feel kind of silly about this, but the real reason I'm making this post is because I currently have 666, and that's making me uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't believe you. you wouldn't have written that much if you wanted the number changed fast due to superstition. you were 666 for 13 minutes which is clearly long enough for the devil to get you. 5 minutes might have been believable. type faster next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, I told you I'm not that superstitious. I figure the devil has plenty to do before he'd get to me.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm...ok, but I'm not sure I get it.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:30 PM

what supersition is associated with 666?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:33 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, I told you I'm not that superstitious. I figure the devil has plenty to do before he'd get to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, like giving me my woman back. i was just teasing you. BFF!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:01 PM

My roommate in college could not deal with odd numbers at all. He would always go for 2 points conversions and wouldn't kick a field goal. He had to change the clock if he saw that it was 5:01. He had to always set the alarm to 8:02 or 8:32 because he was suspicious that 0 might actually be an odd number. He would count his steps to any destination he walked and the final step always had to be even. If he was on stairs he would continue to go up after reaching our floor if somehow he reached our floor on an odd number. Most of the time he was on the ball and could double step to make his step count even. When we took an elevator to the 7th floor, he would go up to eight and walk down a flight.

There are a million more that don't even relate to odd numbers. He had an unbelievable OCD labyrinth weaved through his daily life. The funny part was I didn't find out about it until second semester and I was the only person who ever found out about it. He was stealthy in hiding it like an alcoholic is with hiding booze. I was simultaneously amazed at the mental feat he performed everyday and sad for him at the same time.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:04 PM

Being superstitious is unlucky.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roommate in college could not deal with odd numbers at all. He would always go for 2 points conversions and wouldn't kick a field goal. He had to change the clock if he saw that it was 5:01. He had to always set the alarm to 8:02 or 8:32 because he was suspicious that 0 might actually be an odd number. He would count his steps to any destination he walked and the final step always had to be even. If he was on stairs he would continue to go up after reaching our floor if somehow he reached our floor on an odd number. Most of the time he was on the ball and could double step to make his step count even. When we took an elevator to the 7th floor, he would go up to eight and walk down a flight.

There are a million more that don't even relate to odd numbers. He had an unbelievable OCD labyrinth weaved through his daily life. The funny part was I didn't find out about it until second semester and I was the only person who ever found out about it. He was stealthy in hiding it like an alcoholic is with hiding booze. I was simultaneously amazed at the mental feat he performed everyday and sad for him at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.... that unbelievable.... i have trouble GETTING to class-- this guy gets to class on even numbers...