Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Sox fans care about baseball, Cub fans don\'t Article

[ QUOTE ]
why must you hate the other team from the same town

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's the way it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sox/Cubs smack talk and bragging rights is a way of life here. I've already told the Cubs fans surrounding me at work I will take down my Bartman picture, the game 6 8th inning scoreboard picture (2003 NLCS), and my framed picture of the Goat if we win the World Series.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think there is any debate that the Cubs have the more passionate and loyal fan base by a long shot.

PS: Wonder how many of these 'new' White Sox fans will stick around once the Astros come back and win this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even worse than that. I hope the Stro's come back and win, but even if they don't and the Sox win the Series, it won't make much of a difference for their fan base. They will celebrate for a few weeks and then it will go back to normal. Even if the Sox win it all this year you are still going to see thousands of empty seats at every home game next year. That's how Sox fans are, they suck, in my opinion.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:59 AM

Why does this Jay dude keep pretending to be a long-time loyal Sox fan?

Is that this month's schtick?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't think there is any debate that the Cubs have the more passionate and loyal fan base by a long shot.

PS: Wonder how many of these 'new' White Sox fans will stick around once the Astros come back and win this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even worse than that. I hope the Stro's come back and win, but even if they don't and the Sox win the Series, it won't make much of a difference for their fan base. They will celebrate for a few weeks and then it will go back to normal. Even if the Sox win it all this year you are still going to see thousands of empty seats at every home game next year. That's how Sox fans are, they suck, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Cubs will go back to being the front page news on the Chicago Trib and Sun-Times sports sections and first game talked about in the evening news like it has always been.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Cubs will go back to being the front page news on the Chicago Trib and Sun-Times sports sections and first game talked about in the evening news like it has always been.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, wrong. anyone who has spent a lot of time in chicago knows that chicago is a bears town first then baseball. The bears are always front page news

the cubs only have been selling out wrigley only since 84. Up until then, the cubs had a hard time getting more then 10K fans to go to wrigley. Its fashionable in chicago to be a cubs fan, and there are tons of "fans" who couldn't care less about the game that is going on when they go to that arhcaic park that is known as wrigley
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, wrong. anyone who has spent a lot of time in chicago knows that chicago is a bears town first then baseball. The bears are always front page news

the cubs only have been selling out wrigley only since 84. Up until then, the cubs had a hard time getting more then 10K fans to go to wrigley. Its fashionable in chicago to be a cubs fan, and there are tons of "fans" who couldn't care less about the game that is going on when they go to that arhcaic park that is known as wrigley

[/ QUOTE ]

Uggh. This is a Cubs vs. Sox discussion, not a Cubs vs. Sox vs. Bears discussion. Of course the Bears are front page news, I was saying the Cubs get more media coverage than the Sox(and no not right now) but next season they will again.

It's pretty difficult to sell out 81 home games when all your games are played during the day. They didn't get lights until 1988.

Yes, some people go to Wrigley just to get drunk and they sit in the bleachers, that is not the entire ballpark. It's funny how Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork now that they are good. For what it's worth New Comiskey/The Cell was voted among the 5 worst ballparks for many years.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uggh. This is a Cubs vs. Sox discussion, not a Cubs vs. Sox vs. Bears discussion. Of course the Bears are front page news, I was saying the Cubs get more media coverage than the Sox(and no not right now) but next season they will again.

It's pretty difficult to sell out 81 home games when all your games are played during the day. They didn't get lights until 1988.

Yes, some people go to Wrigley just to get drunk and they sit in the bleachers, that is not the entire ballpark. It's funny how Sox fans are coming out of the woodwork now that they are good. For what it's worth New Comiskey/The Cell was voted among the 5 worst ballparks for many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I grew up in the north burbs being a sox fan, so it annoys me just as much with all of these "fans" coming out of the woodwork. Comisky is a lot better now then it used to be. I went there two years ago and was impressed with the additions that were made.

I still have my stub somewhere for when I was at the opening of the ballpark when the tigers beat the living hell out of us, and have been going to games since I was 8(1988) and still love the old comisky to death

the fact is this, there are a lot of real cubs fans, but, I'd say that a very significant amount go to the games because its fashionable to go there. When I go to wrigley for a game I notice a lot of people not paying atteniton to the game and just getting drunk and goofing around.

I respect real cubs fans, but I have very little patience for many of the "fans" that try to claim that they're cubs fans
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

well, I grew up in the north burbs being a sox fan, so it annoys me just as much with all of these "fans" coming out of the woodwork. Comisky is a lot better now then it used to be. I went there two years ago and was impressed with the additions that were made.

I still have my stub somewhere for when I was at the opening of the ballpark when the tigers beat the living hell out of us, and have been going to games since I was 8(1988) and still love the old comisky to death

the fact is this, there are a lot of real cubs fans, but, I'd say that a very significant amount go to the games because its fashionable to go there. When I go to wrigley for a game I notice a lot of people not paying atteniton to the game and just getting drunk and goofing around.

I respect real cubs fans, but I have very little patience for many of the "fans" that try to claim that they're cubs fans

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your point about the fashionable fans. Seeing girls at the games wearing pink Cubs hats with a beer in one hand and talking on their cell phone in the other hand is very annoying. Finding those same girls at Murphy's and Cubby Bear after the game though isn't so bad.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Sox have been back page on the Sun Times all year -- FYI, the Trib owns the Cubs and don't think there's not bias there. I can't deny there seem to be a lot more Sox hats and jackets being worn around Chicago lately. I don't think "fair weather fans" are unusual to any successful fans. If it bothers you maybe you can tell your Cub fan buddies to take off the Konerko Jersey and go back to Wrigleyville.