Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Ask any newbie question here

one of my friend claims that he has 50% ITM and ~50%ROI over 1000 $10+1 SNGs by 4 tabling, which amounts to about $22/set or $30/hr. according to FAQ, a good player can only make 20% ROI on $30/$50 SNGs, so even by 4 tabling, for $30, you can only make $25/set for $30s or ~$40/set for $50s. so what is the point to move up? $10 sngs are much less "variance is bitch". btw he is quite smart and has more than enough bankroll for $50s.

or maybe he just had a luckbox over the last 1000 $10s?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 PM

bill,

if your friend plays at party poker, his statistics are only attainable by running incredibly hot.

citanul
Old 07-28-2005, 08:54 PM

Default On Rebuys

Will you hate me if it's a MTT question? People over there don't seem to like my post enough to answer. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-----

Can someone explain or clarify if it's always in one's best interest to rebuy immediately if that is an option? If so, or if not, what assumptions are required for it to be so? And if there is a difference in single rebuy or multi-rebuy, why that is?

I have always felt that it seems advantageous to always rebuy immediately, but I haven't played any rebuy tournies so haven't thought about it much nor experienced it much.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:23 PM

What's the difference in opponent skill level in the 11s, 22s, 33s, and 55s? Just as most (though not all) 2+2'ers can beat 2/4 at Party, or 3/6 SH at Party, what is the level that most SNG'ers generally excel at without too much pain?

Also, the mini multitable tournaments -- are the skill levels there similar to the same buy-ins for SNGs (i.e., in a 2-table $33, same skill as the schmoes in a SNG $33?)
Old 07-28-2005, 11:15 PM

What is a good 'average place'?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:21 PM

Is there a goood way to get "registered" into Party SNGs, or at least to make the lobby not minimize everytime you click into a table? I am new to multi-tabling and spend half my time getting the set loaded up.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 PM

What software is helpful for 1tt ?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: On Rebuys

[ QUOTE ]
Will you hate me if it's a MTT question? People over there don't seem to like my post enough to answer.

-----

Can someone explain or clarify if it's always in one's best interest to rebuy immediately if that is an option? If so, or if not, what assumptions are required for it to be so? And if there is a difference in single rebuy or multi-rebuy, why that is?

I have always felt that it seems advantageous to always rebuy immediately, but I haven't played any rebuy tournies so haven't thought about it much nor experienced it much.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
this depends on your table.. If players at your table rebuys immediately, then you have to rebuy. Because in all-in situations, you need to get the most from your villain.

example:
you and your villain has 1500 chips each. If you win, you'll have 3000 chips. However, if both you and the villain has rebuyed to 3000 chips, you will have 6000.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Newbie Question

(100+9)How do you play AA/KK/QQ in the early rounds when an unknown player in EP min raises and its folded to you in LP?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: On Rebuys

Meat,

Another poster already handled this one pretty well. The idea is that you want to be able to maximize what you can take from your opponents on a given hand. So it is best to always have the table covered or tied if possible. If you don't take the immediate rebuy, you can't stack a guy who has when he does something donkish, if you do, you can.

citanul