Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 03-31-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Shorthanded PLO thread

What I have problems with is Shorthanded PL Omaha.

An observation I have made: To me it seems it becomes even more important to hold the nuts in a shorthanded PLO game than in a full ring. I mean - will you be folding the king high flush on the river?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Shorthanded PLO thread

[ QUOTE ]
What I have problems with is Shorthanded PL Omaha.

An observation I have made: To me it seems it becomes even more important to hold the nuts in a shorthanded PLO game than in a full ring. I mean - will you be folding the king high flush on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have it backwards.

Whether I would fold the 2nd nut flush in a shorthanded game would depend on all the things any decision in any game depends on (HOW shorthanded (3handed? 6handed?] stack size, action on all streets, reads, etc). BUT, generally speaking, if it is HU or 3-handed, I can't imagine I'd be folding the 2nd nut flush often. But I'd need to see the hand to say for sure. More players, the answer is the timeless "it depends."

I'm going to host a private PLO heads up matchup tournament soon at stars [there was some interest expressed in an earlier thread and I just haven't gotten to it]. Keep your eyes peeled I'll post about it. Might be fun to watch/play in.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An observation I have made: To me it seems it becomes even more important to hold the nuts in a shorthanded PLO game than in a full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
will you be folding the king high flush on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:53 PM

I think he means you'll get paid off better when you hold the nuts. It's true but what about all the other hands you have to play to keep above teh blinds and steals your opps gonna be making. You have to confidently bet a lot of other non nut hands. HU, you're playing too weak if you've never value bet top two pair when checked to you on the river.