Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 07:05 PM

Default KK multiway, how was this played?

I did not have any very good reads on any of them because I only played a few hands prior to this...

Was this played very stupid, or was it "ok"?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, [UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 calls, Hero caps, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB
Old 11-01-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: KK multiway, how was this played?

Try and convert this to an easier to read format please. You will get more replies that way.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Nice hand. I think failing to raise the turn is too weak. I think AA is less likely due to the lack of a cap. A 5 seems unlikely as well. I think you are ahead of QQ-TT here a whole lot of the time. Once you get three-bet on the turn, particularly because you're in position, I think slowing down is good. The river plays itself.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Is that better, i tried to fix it
Old 11-01-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand. I think failing to raise the turn is too weak. I think AA is less likely due to the lack of a cap. A 5 seems unlikely as well. I think you are ahead of QQ-TT here a whole lot of the time. Once you get three-bet on the turn, particularly because you're in position, I think slowing down is good. The river plays itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill post the results later
Old 11-01-2005, 07:42 PM

I think I find a cap on the turn. A 5 seems unlikely with his preflop raise and AA seems unlikely since he didn't cap preflop. If he capped preflop, I call down his 3 bet on the turn. Otherwise, I play it exactly the same.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:52 PM

wow, that is some gynormous pot. You gotta love those other players in there with you, but when UTG+1 is 3-betting that turn, you have to wonder about AA. Of course he didn't cap pre-flop, so he could have AA-JJ, and maybe AKs. You are beating most of these. Calling the 3-bet on the turn is good. Actually raising is good to isolate yourself with UTG+1. Only 55 beats you at the river, and it seems particularly unlikely that UTG+1 would raise pre-flop with 55. Still, I'm capping and making a note about his pre-flop play.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:59 PM

What I find interesting about this hand is that he still 3-bet on the river when a potential over card to QQ-TT hit. I think for a lot of people with these hands they would bet/call, but we also don't have a read on him. I'm going to say he had something like A5s, AA, or even worse for him 99. Also, there is always that outside chance that he raised with 55 in early position and just got ridiculously lucky.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM

I'd slow down a little sooner - when UTG bets into you on the turn. I say he has A5 sOOted or 55. I think you're lucky you hit your two outer on the river - lucky that is if you didn't get busted exceeding the Speed Limit.

Edit: PS: Could be AA like some others said also.
PPS: 99 is also possible as Nick said.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 AM

as I was betting, the only thing that went through my mind that i was worried about was the AA, I really didnt think 55 with all the action preflop...