Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 AM

Default AA against a couple of doinks

Full handed Titan 2/4

donk0 is a shitty LAG, calls down any piece. donka is also rather laggy and bets alot with junk. Both overplay hands, they're not maniacs, though.

I raise AA UTG, donk0 cold calls in MP, donka 3 bets in the SB, I cap, 3 to the flop for 12.5SB

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

donka checks, I bet, donk0 calls, donka raises, I call planning to raise a blank turn.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9BB)

donka checks, I bet, donk0 calls, donka donkraises again, we call

River K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (14.5BB)

donka checks, I bet, donk0 calls, donka does his thing again, I pause for abit and call...

Edit: For some reason I didn't notice anyone without an ace plays the board, therefore donk0 might call another 2 hoping to win 1/3 of the pot? If donk0 is sane and will likely fold his hand for 2 more do you like going for the overcall?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: AA against a couple of doinks

You have the nuts on the river vs two LAG's. Why aren't you re-raising this? I'm not so sure that the LAG that's raising this up constantly even has an ace here.

edit: No I don't like the overcall, what in this hand makes you think this guy is capable of folding when there is a straight on the board?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 AM

How likely is it than Donka folds to a 3-bet?

If, as I suspect, it's unlikely, then surely by calling you get a maximum of one more bet, by raising you get a minimum of one more.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: No I don't like the overcall, what in this hand makes you think this guy is capable of folding when there is a straight on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I didn't notice the board had a 5 straight.

Imagine the 9 was a deuce, river play still sucks? The coldcaller isn't calling 2BB, and by handreading the donka is very likely to hold an ace here. Even if we think he's capable of playing a set like this on the river, he's still more likely to have an ace. Most of the time I don't think he does play a set like this on the river, though.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How likely is it than Donka folds to a 3-bet?

If, as I suspect, it's unlikely, then surely by calling you get a maximum of one more bet, by raising you get a minimum of one more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is how likely is donka to be chopping. We gain nothing if the coldcaller gets out in that case.

By calling we get a min/max of 1BB, and by raising we get a minimum of 0BB and a maximum of 3BB.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:45 AM

My read on Donka is that he hit a set here. I think something like AQ or AK is also a possiblity given the action but since he never slows down once in this hand I think it suggests QQ or JJ. I'm willing to gamble my 0.5bb gain from the overcall to catch donka getting out of line with a set on the river here. Plus Donk0 might make a crying call with the straight on the board and add an extra overlay if we split.

I think it's a close decision, but the fact that we can't lose this hand leans me towards going aggressive and taking down those extra bets when things go well. Donk0 is a LAG so we can't just assume he'll fold for 2 more.