Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: $100 + $20 at borgata

Hey Templar999,

Here are my thoughts on the hand. I don't claim to be an expert. I have played a bunch of tournaments at the Borgata and am familiar with the kinds of players at them.

#1: I would have raised the SB's bet 3x to T$1,500. That way you are betting a little over the pot size. If they do have 2 pair or a set, you are crushing their pot odds to draw out to them. Plus if for some crazy way they have 35 spades and come over the top, you at least give yourself some kind of a chance to get away from the hand. I probably couldn't, but somebody maybe could.

#2: SB checks, and if you think they are a complete novice there is no way they would check a monster hand that could beat you. Novices get a strong hand and immediately push all-in because that is what they see on tv. But the MP1 scares you that maybe they just made the boat. I would make a probe bet of about 1/3 the pot size. If the SB missed their draw, you want to extract a little more money out of them. If MP1 made their boat, they will come over the top and you have to do your best to muck your hand. It is tough to throw away a nut flush.

#3: I would check that great flop. Flopping the nut flush doesn't happen a lot, so I feel you need to try to squeeze as much equity out of it that you can.

This is my 2 cents for what it's worth.

-Webnasty