Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker $3/$6 is NOT LOOSE nor FISHY

goodguy_1, I completely agree with your assessment of $3/$6. In a nutshell, I have found that the adjustments I've made after coming from $2/$4 include:

* stealing more
* defending more
* isolating bad players by raising and 3-betting with marginal hands

I don't know how great $3/$6 was last year, but there's no way it's not way beatable right now. I've faced so many bad beats in the past couple weeks it's silly...and that's a great sign. Even during the day I think these games are good.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Jeffage, are there any other sites where I can get in the same number of hands per hour? Party seems so much faster than pacific, paradise, absolute, bet365, etc.

I really like party's software. <shrug>
Old 05-03-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like party's software. <shrug>

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like money. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but my opinion is games are better elsewhere these days. This comes from someone who used to play on Party exclusively...I think the best thing for a player is to leave an ample supply of cash in Neteller and simply shop for games they like all the time.

To answer your question: Ultimatebet is faster than Party and have cool options (kill games, mini view, etc). Stars is comparable speed, game quality varies. Pokerroom has good low limit games (though I play higher lately). You can multitable. I'm not saying give up Party. But you can play one or two tables of Party and one or two elsewhere. IMO.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After all making money is more important than what limit you play at right??-you can $1000-$1200 a week playing $2-4 Fulltime

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to believe. How many hours and how many games do you have to play to achieve this? Sounds like burnout waiting to happen to me.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 AM

0,5/1 a year ago, raise on the button gave you 75% a free card. Today a raise on the button give you 75% a reraise. Games are more agressive on all limit-levels. From my side it starts to dry up..and i play more and more NOT on Party.

Wolfgang
Old 05-03-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have over 12 tables open AVG VPIP = 22. AVG PFR = 8.

1 -2 fish at each table. The rest are eagles and moneybags and smileyfaces.

NOTHING I see would qualify as "players who play too many hands and play them poorly"

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with this statement and I agree.

Notice it does not say they are not beatable. It simply says they are not as loose and fishy as everyone thinks they are.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After all making money is more important than what limit you play at right??-you can $1000-$1200 a week playing $2-4 Fulltime

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to believe. How many hours and how many games do you have to play to achieve this? Sounds like burnout waiting to happen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at 2BB/100 hands that is going to be $8 for every 100 hands you play, and to get to $1000 you would have to play 12500 hands in a week. 8 hours a day 6 days a week you would need to get 260 hands per hour which is what like 4 or 5 full tables at a time? It would be one helluva grind but there's worse ways to make $20 an hour.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:10 PM

UB,PokerRoom and PokerStars are the best alternative for speedy games. UB is the fastest but has the worst games for me. Paradise is fine but you can only 3-table there. All of these rooms in general dont have games as good as Party. For pure fishy games rooms like Golden Palace,Total Poker,Pacific Poker,Interpoker/Crypto skins are good places to check out but all of them have crappy software. Before I got rakeback I played out of 3-6 rooms every nite.If rakeback disapears I will play at more sites again. One bad thing about utilizing rakeback heavily is that it can retard your growth as an all-around better player..I know it has for me I'm making more money than ever but I'm not having as much fun.I used to play PLO,NLHE,PLHE and MTT's now I just grind out tons of hands like a robot.I havent played a NLHE or PLO ring game in 3 weeks. I think I'm due for a break.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:15 PM

2+2 is full of adolescents who think (or at least want you to think) they're god's gift to poker.

If you doubt me, just look at the AV's.

Take everything you read here with a tablespoon of salt.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know of the new working link to Abdul's stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found Abdul here .