Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:50 AM

Default KK against PF reraiser A on board

Villain is 19/13/1.64 over 160 hands with 58%/47% wtsd/w$@sd. He open limped 33 from the CO and raised and capped the flop when he flopped a set heads up. He also smooth called my button open raise in the BB with ATs and check/raised the bottom paired turn and bet the river no pair, I called him down with an overpair. I don't know if I could fold to a raise anywhere, do I just bet/bet/bet and calldown if raised or is there a better line?

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: KK against PF reraiser A on board

looks good to me. after capping preflop, betting the flop is mandatory, no matter what comes. if he raises, you are in a tough spot. you suggest that a raise by villain can mean a lot of things. so I would 3bet a raise on the flop and if he caps, I'd check/call the turn. if he calls, I'd bet the turn and call-down if he raises. finding a fold against such a villain is very tough. from your reads: how would you estimate his 3betting range? Does he over defend his SB from raises UTG? if not, you are probably behind and should fold to aggression on the turn, I think.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:57 AM

You confused me.

I think I'm more likely to be behind here, probably 3:2. I'd say A9s+ AT+ KQs, 77+, although it could be wider since I've been raising PF quite a bit, if it is wider it probably means I'm more likely to be behind since he's raising more Ax hands and is folding stuff like broadway cards on the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 AM

I'm tempted to go WA/WB here.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:39 AM

That might work against this guy since he seems fairly crappy, against a good player I don't think they'll fall for it since we're saying we're showing down the hand once we check the flop, either that or planning on getting tricky. However it might also allow a broadway to catch up or persaude a low pocket pair to stay in, which is a plus, as long as we allow him to catch a flush draw so maybe it isn't a plus? If he does bet the flop and turn are you bet/calling the river?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:50 AM

I think HEFAP recommends bet-fold as a general line but it might be for QQ or worse (?). I think here the pot is rather large that the opponent might take a shot sometimes with QQ/JJ or a flush draw and folding this would affect a lot the EV of this line.

I think you are a bit better than 3:2 b/c he wouldn't loosen up a lot with dominated Ax PF against an UTG raiser. Still 3:2 doesn't sound bad to call down. Your pot odds are 14:5.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That might work against this guy since he seems fairly crappy, against a good player I don't think they'll fall for it since we're saying we're showing down the hand once we check the flop, either that or planning on getting tricky. However it might also allow a broadway to catch up or persaude a low pocket pair to stay in, which is a plus, as long as we allow him to catch a flush draw so maybe it isn't a plus? If he does bet the flop and turn are you bet/calling the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every line I can think of for this hand has something wrong with it. I'm wondering, for example, how often this guy bets the turn with a worse hand after we c/c the flop. Bet/fold the flop would be good if we could trust this guy not to take shots at us with less then an A, but can we? I don't know. We could c/c the flop and donk/fold the turn, but that might confuse the hell out of him causing him to raise a worse hand. I don't really think there's a default line here. The more aggressive he is the more I'd lean toward WA/WB. The more passive he is the more I'd look for a place to bet/fold.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]