Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Poker Stars WCOOP $10+1 Rebuy satellite Sanity Check.

What's the right move here?

11 players left, 10th and 11th get piddling cash prizes. 1st-9th get seats into the $215 6max Pot Limit tournament.

Edit: Stacks at other table are slightly larger with the exception of 2 shorter stacks who are around 18K each.

Blinds 1K/2K,

Table '10968374 13' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: 28354 in chips
Seat 2: 29424 in chips
Seat 3: 16560 in chips
Seat 4: 23160 in chips
Seat 5: 28349 in chips
Seat 6: 21607 in chips
Seat 4: posts small blind 1000
Seat 5: posts big blind 2000

Seat 6 (UTG) raises to 6000.

Seat 1 has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] What to do?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars WCOOP $10+1 Rebuy satellite Sanity Check.

Just fold, whole table to act behind you, you could probably sit out and get the seat.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:34 PM

That's what I thought. I was in seat 6, had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Seat 1 called, flop came 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for an OESFD for him, and just an overpair/flush draw for me. I didn't have much left so I wound up all-in. River was a Ten. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comments on my play? I just thought his was donkish especially in this situation.

Edit: And I was pretty pissed that I won $2 for my 2+ hours of work while he won a satellite seat.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:53 PM

The best overpair and the nut flush draw to boot. Sorry, but I'm all in with little thought, and the other guy is just lucky to hit his 3 outer. Just another bad beat story. If you really didn't want to get involved yourself to squeeze into the money, you should have just folded pre-flop, but who in the right mind can fold bullets pre-flop? So hard to do.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best overpair and the nut flush draw to boot. Sorry, but I'm all in with little thought, and the other guy is just lucky to hit his 3 outer. Just another bad beat story. If you really didn't want to get involved yourself to squeeze into the money, you should have just folded pre-flop, but who in the right mind can fold bullets pre-flop? So hard to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he had more than 3 outs. He had any 5 (4 outs), any Ten (4 outs) and any 9. (2 outs) for 10 outs. I think I had a 6 out redraw (remaining hearts).

What absolutely baffled me was his initial call with the 9s. There's no way I make that call. I probably throw away Kings in that spot. I'm still reeling from that, and I'm usually not that emotional about things like this.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:14 PM

after he sees the flop its not likely he'll fold that hand. he had a good amount of cards to take down your As.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he had more than 3 outs. He had any 5 (4 outs), any Ten (4 outs) and any 9. (2 outs) for 10 outs. I think I had a 6 out redraw (remaining hearts).

[/ QUOTE ]'

Well none of his 10's 5's or 9's an be hearts, so he had 7 outs.

And i dont think he has both 9's and 10's as outs unless he had a pair too.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well none of his 10's 5's or 9's an be hearts, so he had 7 outs.

And i dont think he has both 9's and 10's as outs unless he had a pair too.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 9h9d, 5 or 10 of hearts gives him a straight flush, either of the remaining 9's gives him a set.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the right move here?

11 players left, 10th and 11th get piddling cash prizes. 1st-9th get seats into the $215 6max Pot Limit tournament.

Edit: Stacks at other table are slightly larger with the exception of 2 shorter stacks who are around 18K each.

Blinds 1K/2K,

Table '10968374 13' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: 28354 in chips
Seat 2: 29424 in chips
Seat 3: 16560 in chips
Seat 4: 23160 in chips
Seat 5: 28349 in chips
Seat 6: 21607 in chips
Seat 4: posts small blind 1000
Seat 5: posts big blind 2000

Seat 6 (UTG) raises to 6000.

Seat 1 has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] What to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the rest of the thread and seeing you have AA, I personally think your 6000 chip raise here is awful. I also think it's important to know the stack sizes of the players at the other table. Given that you can survive 6-7 rounds at the current blind level (depending on if there is an ante or not) if there are 3+ shorter stacks than you, I really think your goal should be to fold into a seat, making this one of those rare occasions that it's correct to toss AA.

If you are one of the 3 shortest stacks than you should open push here (if this is NL, if it's PL you should raise the pot, on most sites I believe that would be 7000) and be HAPPY if everyone folds to you so you just pick up the blinds. You simply want to pick up enough chips to advance, you're not playing for first.

All that being said, the 99 made a moronic play IMO with the call. Depending on the stacks at the other table, there is a good possibility you should be tossing this though.

-Rizen