Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Study program

I posted the below on the Texas Hold'em general board, but I figured I'd repost it here to see if you guys had any more specific recommendations. I'm actually regularly playing in a 25/50 NL game with very little knowledge and it's working about as well as you'd expect. Any help would be appreciated.

>>>> I have been playing for a bit, way over my head (I have more money then knowledge or ability), and have not really "studied" yet but for playing. I have bought a ton of poker books, and read few to none... Sad I know. Well, I'm intending to get serious, and curious what books you guys would recommend for a serious study program. Importantly I'm really interested in the order to read these books as again I've bought most of them, but I use my confusion as to where to start as an excuse to thumb through them all repeatedly but read none... After you all help me I'll be out of excuses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Study program

All the theory in the world won't help anyone if they don't have the experience. You won't be able to quantify situations correctly and will often misapply what you've learned. Reading's great, and it'll probably keep you on track, but you're just going to have to go out and play a ton of poker in order to improve.

If you want a recomendation I'd say to become an active poster on the forums. They're a far more valuable resource than any 2+2 publication.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:33 PM

I do plan on playing, and posting also.

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:46 AM

Sorry, posted this in limit board by accident...