Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Skill Difference Question between the $11 and the $22

Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,
Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Skill Difference Question between the $11 and the $22

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if the jump is substantially noticable in skill between these two levels? and when do you know you are ready to move up, besides BR requirement of course.

Thanks,

G,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:25 PM

Yawn.

The 22's are harder than the 11's. You'll certainly encounter more 2+2'ers at the 22's, and that means less total donkeys to bleed their chips to you. That said, 22's aren't much harder, IMO.

You know you're ready to move up if you a) have the bankroll, and b) are consistently beating the 11's over a decent sample (~1000 tourneys should be adequate to know). OR...you know you're ready to move up when you feel you're ready to move up. Worst thing that can happen is you get crushed for a little bit, those of us here make more money, and you move back down.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:26 PM

If you are talking about pokerstars, I think the $10 is much harder than $20 because of the college students down there trying to build the roll carefully. Go a little higher and you've got lots of guys with plenty of cash playing for kicks.

Indy
Old 10-31-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Depends on your definition of substantially. It is harder to reach a 20% ROI at the 22s. If I was to make a guess a 20% ROI at the 11s translates to perhaps 15% in the 22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that's about right.

I made a big deal about moving up but really it's been dead easy. They are definitely harder but if your a solid 11s player you'll have no problems beating them for a good roi.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:37 PM

I'm playing the 22s now...so that's an extra few grand of dead money every month
Old 10-31-2005, 11:44 PM

i don't think the difference is substantial.

the only real thing i noticed after moving up was that i was investing around $100/set, which is a bit disconcerting at first ($215 players, hush).
Old 10-31-2005, 11:54 PM

this has been covered many times. try searching the archives.
it's a been a while since i played the 800 chip tournaments, but the only differences i seem to remember from moving from 11s to 22s or 22s to 33s were a decrease in the number of first blind level all ins, fewer horrendous calldowns/bluffs and more people who have some idea of how to play the bubble.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 AM

One or two more people left when it gets to push/fold time. Bubble play is the #1 skill necessary to understand when moving up from the $11s.

Sixes has spoken. Thread over.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:01 AM

I can only speak about Ultimate Bet but I have to say the $22s are almost identical to the $11s. The only noticable difference comes from the $5s to the $33s. Otherwise, it almost feels like the same pool of idiots.

Every once in a while I'll be playing $55s all day and wonder what the hell is going on. Even at that level, I encounter a bunch of ridiculous plays.

Give the $22s a try and I'm sure you'll figure out quickly if moving up is appropriate. Surely it will go fine.