Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 AM

Default small winnings

How difficult would it be to consistently earn and pull out about $400 per month ($15-20 per day)? What is the best way to accomplish this?

I am a low income guy and I figure if I could get remotely good, I could earn at least what I would make at a minimum wage part time fast food gig.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: small winnings

this is probably a NC post, but what the heck since you posted the question, i'll just give you my answer:

my settle for a minimum wage job and then try to substitute that with playing poker? why not simply apply yourself to something and reach for something better?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 AM

Look into bonus whoring. It results in a steady income stream (reduces variance) and you don't need to be much better than break-even for it to be worth while. Check www.bonuswhores.com to get started.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 AM

sorry, what is NC? i have a decent full time job and i will graduate with a degree in real estate and finance in december, but right now i need extra income and its hard to find a decent part time job on 2nd or 3rd shift.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM

$400 a month is pretty reasonable. My expected hourly is [decent], so it would take about [a few] hours a month to get there. One could easily hit $400 through any combination of good play and bonus whoring.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM

You will have graduated by the time you become a winning poker player.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:41 AM

Thanks for all the help. Let me clear this up a little, I do enjoy the game and I am not interested in playing only for winnings. Basically, I need about $400 extra per month. I am asking is it reasonable to assume that I can get this from being an average player. If not, then I will flip burgers and continue playing free tables. I do plan on playing after I graduate simply because I like the game. Again, thank you. I am taking all of your replies into consideration.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:54 AM

Like I said, if you can play break even poker you can make $400 a month easily from bonus whoring. If you're not too risk averse you can also throw in some BJ bonus whoring as well.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, what is NC? i have a decent full time job and i will graduate with a degree in real estate and finance in december, but right now i need extra income and its hard to find a decent part time job on 2nd or 3rd shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgive me if what i said came as a slight to you because it wasn't intended. what the post sounded like was "i don't like my current job at the fast food place, i should play poker instead".

now that you've clarified, i understand your question better. go for bonuswhoring as already stated will be the quickest, safest, easiest way to build a quick income and helps cussion the blows of downswings/suckouts.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:51 AM

YOU CAN DOEEET!!