Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Folding in a Big Pot

UTG+1 is LAG. Rest are unknown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB instabets</font>, Hero folds...

What do ya think?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Folding in a Big Pot

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

What do ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just can't fold here and like it!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:24 PM

I don't like it, but I believe its a good fold.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What do ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's bad. What makes you think SB had a pair? I would call and expect to see overcards or 4x/5x hands a decent amount of the time.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:27 PM

SB is donkbetting into 3 other on this river after I CR the field on the flop and lead the turn. If SB doesn't have a pair I have to be wary of the others behind me to have one.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:34 PM

I think the river is good. Even if SB is full of it (edit: which I think is unlikely into 3 people), I don't think you'll see the two guys behind you have less than a 6 often enough.

I'd just bet the flop though and hope LAGgy raises. Our hand is quite vulnerable.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:34 PM

I think you have the best hand often enough here to call (1 in 12-14, depending upon number of callers behind you). Although Instabettor probably has you beat, I think there is a substantial enough chance (10-20% IMO) that he is bluffing at it by representing a straight or trips (or quads or 2-pair).

I admit that the players behind you make me less confident that this is the right decision (I'm folding to a raise behind me), but I think this is one of those situations where you don't fold on the river: that is, a decent hand in a big pot.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it, but I believe its a good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man. i didn't realize two important things in this hand. i replied a little hastily. I don't think this is an easy call (I don't think you can call at all!)

1 - you've got your 2pr counterfieted
2 - you've got players behind you

I think overcalls here are completely unwanted. IMO, this is a good raise or fold scenario. You don't want others to come in calling behind you, you want to get 2 players only to showdown - you and the SB.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is donkbetting into 3 other on this river after I CR the field on the flop and lead the turn. If SB doesn't have a pair I have to be wary of the others behind me to have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a 10% or greater chance this is a desperation move on his part to win a big pot, designed to make you think what you're thinking. In other words, this may be just the sort of move to make a 2-pair hand fold along with the busted drawing hands. Also, his Instabet could just be an attempt to show strength when he has none.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:42 PM

Running 8s are quite possibly the worst cards that could come off the deck. Anyone with a straight draw off the flop now made a straight or trips. Folding is fine imo.

Brad