Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 05:52 AM

Default The existence of random

The laws of physics apply on all the matter in the universe. Therefore it could be resonable to expect that knowing the current state of the universe including all its matter, energi, position etc. etc. would give you (in theory) enough info to foretell how the universe would be in 1 day or 10000 years as all the universe is bound up in the laws of physics. That would imply that if the universe could travel back in 1 million years back in time, it would end up here with me typing this message in 1 million year. I do believe this is called determination. This would eliminate the possibility for randomness, and we are all robots with no controll over our own lives.

I dont believe in the determination theory cause I dont want to beleive in it. With no determination and the universe "rewinding" 1 million years back in time and than we pushed "play" again, the end of the story would NOT be me sit here posting this [censored].

So - how can something random happen? Is it proof of Gods excistence or is it incorporated in the laws of physics in some unexplainable way? Could TWO PLUS TWO BE FIVE once in a while [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]