Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2005, 04:25 AM

Default River play: Call Capping

During 4 tabling 50c/1 to clear the Empire reload, I ran into this hand. It was pretty interesting at the time and I really got a kick out of it. So here is the hand and what I was thinking of the time.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (13.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls,

I figured that MP2 has hit the flush and also the BB (since he bet into me). I know the odds of this happening are pretty small, but that was my read when he called 2 bets on the flop. There was no other draw that he would call 2 bets there with.

To feel sexy, sexier than pokerbob, I call.

MP1 folds,<font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7d Ad (flush, ace high).
Hero has Jc Jh (full house, jacks full of fours).
MP2 has Td Qd (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.25 BB. </font>

I know people are going to say raise the river since a flush will call/raise 2 bets here (especially the nut flush), but I stuck to a read and followed through with it.

-Freddie