Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2005, 07:46 PM

Default First B&M Observations

I just strated playing B&M a few days ago in Tunica at the Goldstrike - all 3/6. Since there are so many newbies-to-B&M like me here, I'd thought I'd post some observations.

1. It's much looser than online. Where online you get the occasional all fold to a raise PF to win the blinds - this rarely has happened to me playing live. Not very aggressive either - rarely much re-raising PF. Many calling stations.

2. I was surprised at how often the dealers rotate - 20 minutes at a table and move on.

3. A lot of people just leave their chips unatttended while they go eat. And it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

4. Nice comps for playing poker for a few hours.

5. The dealers are very meticulous about everything they do - but cashing in chips seems a little dicey. The people behind the counter are always distracted doing so many things, they can easily miscount chips, leave chips on the counter after they give out the money, etc.

6. A lot of players are really focused on the bad beat jackpot while playing - I guess it attracts a lot of poker newbies too.

7. A lot of screaming by the dealers to the floor people for racks of chips, new cards, saying a seat is open, etc. You would think a little intercom system would work much better.

8. A decent % of players don't even know the rules - when to bet 3, when to bet 6, when they are they small blind, etc.

I think it's a lot more fun on line because the people factor makes it more interesting. Plus, you can play with your chips... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]