Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: PartyGaming rubs salt in Empire\'s wounds

[ QUOTE ]
that may be on paper but not reality for must businesses that have seen draconinan drop in revenues there expense dont fall in line with revenues

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but the Poker business is not like most other businesses, which would love to have 50% profit margins. If you take a look at parties financials, you should be able to extrapolate why I think Empires expenses will drop in line with revenues... also Empires largest expense is affiliate payouts (which are directly tied to revenue).

[ QUOTE ]
that 2006 consensus you can throw out the window ..it's ancient history unless you know that consesus is postsplit form unbiased sources that cover the Empire or you have access to something similar to FirstCall-UK..

[/ QUOTE ]

The consensus estimates are post split and latest Empire guidance. Keep in mind that Empire had been attracting members at a fast clip, while this has certainly slowed, I doubt that it comes to a stop.

The pre-split estimates were 160m for 2006.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that Empire had been attracting members at a fast clip, while this has certainly slowed, I doubt that it comes to a stop.

The pre-split estimates were 160m for 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]
all too rosy imo

Do you really put stock in analysts' revenue estimates that only take FY06 down by 12.50%-not me.

btw how many investments banks are covering EOL?
How many ib's make up that consensus number? very important to get an unbiased assessment.

Hopefully more than 2 or 3. It is also highly likely that one or two ib's covering EOL right now were the original bankers for the companies so they may not be as unbiased as we'd hope [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really put stock in analysts' revenue estimates that only take FY06 down by 12.50%-not me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I am not saying that I support the consensus numbers, just reporting them!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: PartyGaming new bid to buyout Empire

Not that is any news, but eurobet leaving the "old party net" is now official, expect Empire Online to drop as market opens tomorrow....
Old 11-11-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that is any news, but eurobet leaving the "old party net" is now official, expect Empire Online to drop as market opens tomorrow....

[/ QUOTE ]

Old News

Rumors that Party is backing away from its buyout offer are also weighing on Empire's stock.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:52 AM

They will buy empire for crums

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9070-1868117,00.html

"They're just deciding now if they're going to squeeze it and then buy it, or just kill it," he added.