Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2005, 02:05 PM

Default A very quick question. 6 MAX

6 Max on Party is known for its loose players who like to go to the river with anything. This happens also of course with some players at full ring but to not such a big degree.

Well after a totally frustrating day at full ring $1 $2 where I dropped 60BB in about 1500 hands, I decided to have my first spin at 6 Max. As much due to feeling tilty as anything. My short session went pretty well and I recovered 25BB back in about 60 hands. But apart from running well and seeing just how bad the players were they seemed so much easier to read than at full ring.

Full ring I have found to be quite aggressive with lots of raising with draws and mediocre paired hands. This has led to me paying off hands probably more than I should. And that is despite my went to SD % being only 26.57 in 5k hands. (I could not have gone to showdown more as I have been tending to show down even quite marginal hands. 27% is probably indicative of how badly I have run for those hands.) 6 Max seems to have a lot of passives in who like to call a lot but only raise when they have something they like. Is this because most hands get shown-down at 6 Max so bluffs are worthless?

So my quick question which took a long time to say is to ask whether others on here find 6 Max easier for reads than full ring?