Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2003, 10:43 AM

Default When everyone slowplays

Canterbury Park 4-8

Very wierd table and I had much trouble playing it. The 4-8 game at Canterbury is usually a fairly loose moderately agressive game and always with a couple of angels calling everything. This game was somewhat different, and I had a hard time figuring out when my hand was good.

Very loose and passive pre-flop. 4-6 in for one bet on just about every deal. For at least an hour, I was the only player to ever raise pre-flop. Here is the tricky part, there was hardly ever a bet on the flop. Flop sets didn't bet, flopped pair, top kicker didn't bet, flopped two pair didn't bet, even in the face of flush and straight possibilities. It seems everyone was trying to trap, which I do not understand, since no one was being aggressive.

I just never knew if my hand was good. I ended up playing just as passively as evryone else with hands that I would normally bet, since I was getting no information on the flop bet and shown down hands that were way better than mine.

What I ended up doing is playing a lot more mariginal hands preflop since I was pretty sure I could get to the turn for one bet, sometimes even to the river.. Unsuited connectors and even one gappers I think become palyable. Any face suited I played.

Made some straight and flushes and made some money, But I am not sure if my strategy is correct. Anyone care to enlighten me.