Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 PM

Default How the hell is this guy getting paid more then me?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5152628

The best part of this article is there is a poll and right now 'Yes' is beating 'No'. Has the intelligence level of the public really dropped this low?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: How the hell is this guy getting paid more then me?

This would never happen.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Yes' is beating 'No'. Has the intelligence level of the public really dropped this low?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes... and i am not surprised
Old 12-13-2005, 02:49 PM

Possibly the worst article ever written.

The discussion begins and ends with the NFL team mauling USC's line every single down, probably raking up 15+ sacks and creating holes on offense the size of that guy's ears
Old 12-13-2005, 02:52 PM

What he is basically saying is that USC, with all conditions favorable for them such as health, depth, home field advantage etc. could possibly beat the Houston Texans.

You can make that argument, but what you are essentially saying is that the match up on paper favors USC, which when you consider Houston's futility, is plausable.

There are two things that swing the argument heavily in favor of any NFL team: Game speed and toughness. There isn't any way the USC squad that can take the pounding of 4 quarters from an NFL squad. They would simply wear down.

That said I do think that Houston's team is so bad that USC would be able to hang with them for as long as maybe a half, but there is no way they wouldn't wear down as the game progressed, and their inexperience would be exploited.

People tried to make this same argument about Miami when they had that nice run a few years back.

[ QUOTE ]
Eric Moneypenny is a frequent contributor to FOXSports.com. You may absolutely not e-mail him at moneypennysucks@yahoo.com.<br />
[/ QUOTE ]

This leads me to believe he knows that what he is arguing is idiotic. Why Fox Sports published it I don't know.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:13 PM

I like how he thinks of everything on the basis of "These players might eventually make it to the NFL on a practice squad or something." Yes, they might make it to the NFL, but right now they are no where near the skill levels of starters in the NFL.

Also, the Texans have shut it down for the rest of the season, but if they played USC they would be motivated not to lose.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:01 PM

This guy has the IQ of a tennis ball if he thinks usc could beat any nfl team, ever, including the expansion cowboys or bucs.

How he figures 40 members of this years team will make the nfl is beyond me. I doubt any school ever had 40 players in the nfl at the same time before, let alone from the same year.

Finally, the poll is easier to explain, those voting yes also voted for Bush.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The best part of this article is there is a poll and right now 'Yes' is beating 'No'. Has the intelligence level of the public really dropped this low?

[/ QUOTE ] i would comfertably wager that the average IQ of foxsports readers is 7 points lower then that of ccnsi, espn.com or cbssportsline
Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i would comfertably wager that the average IQ of foxsports readers is 7 points lower then that of ccnsi, espn.com or cbssportsline

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever wandered into the espn forums? I'd guess that they don't have 7 points to spare.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM

How do you know what he's paid?

Of course the Texans would beat the Trojans. However, I do think you can make the case that the game would be closer than any other NCAA IA school vs. a pro team than any other matchup in a looong time.

I also don't think it would be a shutout, although I don't think it would be particularly close.