Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:06 PM

Default river

canterbury 15/30 9 handed
I am running bad. villain here is very aggro (he 3bet an EP raise from me earlier with 66.) I have never played with him before, but he does have his shirt open to reveal a gold chain and a hairy chest, which I enjoy.

I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, folds to villain in MP who 3 bets, rest fold, I make it 4 bets, he calls.

Flop HU: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bet, he calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bet, he calls

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

my line please.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: river

hmm... very aggro. wouldn't he find a raise with a flush draw on the flop or more likely the turn? maybe he wants to see the showdown with a pair, i think i would bet river and win
Old 11-13-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm... very aggro. wouldn't he find a raise with a flush draw on the flop or more likely the turn? maybe he wants to see the showdown with a pair, i think i would bet river and win

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right to me.

Rob
Old 11-13-2005, 09:12 PM

I like a check/call here. If he has AK or AQ he isn't going to pay off our river bet anyways so the check behind doesn't cost us. It may induce him to bet a smaller pocket pair for value as our hand looks like an AK. If we fire again at the river he may fold that same smaller pocketpair. If were behind and he's waiting for the to bump his AA or set we don't have to pay off 2 bets.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm on the other hand if he is so aggressive maybe check and let him bet the river. he will probably bet a [censored]-ton of hands that he wouldn't call with.

yes, i just quoted myself
Old 11-13-2005, 10:03 PM

looks like a c/c to me for the standard reasons. I was actually kicking around the idea of a c/r, but I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right to me.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with both quotes, I would bet the river hoping some pair will call, I wouldnt want to give him the chance to check a worse hand down, and If he raises the river I would feel very comfortable calling. I can see a good argument for check/calling if the villain will bet more hands then he will call with on this river, but I am not convinced the villain matches this description despite his aggressive tendencies.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:39 PM

Um, bet!??!?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a check/call here. If he has AK or AQ he isn't going to pay off our river bet anyways so the check behind doesn't cost us. It may induce him to bet a smaller pocket pair for value as our hand looks like an AK. If we fire again at the river he may fold that same smaller pocketpair. If were behind and he's waiting for the to bump his AA or set we don't have to pay off 2 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he will call river if he called turn w/ AK. Unless he is real bad I dont think he would try to bet w/ A high and I dont think that him betting w/ smaller pair could ever make up for the times he checks behind w/ A high or smaller pp.

I like bet/call. Read not good enough for bet/fold, and he has not shown enough aggression to check river.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:50 AM

Default River action

[ QUOTE ]
canterbury 15/30 9 handed
I am running bad. villain here is very aggro (he 3bet an EP raise from me earlier with 66.) I have never played with him before, but he does have his shirt open to reveal a gold chain and a hairy chest, which I enjoy.

I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, folds to villain in MP who 3 bets, rest fold, I make it 4 bets, he calls.

Flop HU: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bet, he calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bet, he calls

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

my line please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet, he raises.....can I call here and be good often enough to make calling correct?