Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 AM

Default I am having trouble knowing what to do in this situation

table is quite passive... a lot of check call till the river... really havent been on the table much so dont have any solid reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I struggle with this situation, there are so many ppl still in the pot, my AQ doesnt look very likely to showdown a winner... what do you guys do in this situation? I know you have seen it often.

the ch on the flop may have been wrong, but I had seen this situation go bad for me soo much in the last 2 or 3 days that I just checked, gave up and logged off lol
Old 08-31-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: I am having trouble knowing what to do in this situation

[ QUOTE ]
table is quite passive... a lot of check call till the river... really havent been on the table much so dont have any solid reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I struggle with this situation, there are so many ppl still in the pot, my AQ doesnt look very likely to showdown a winner... what do you guys do in this situation? I know you have seen it often.

[/ QUOTE ]

some may suggest a flop bet. i may do that if i think some people may fold. against 2 people i bet this flop frequently.

otherwise, i don't see any point in betting the flop and i play it like you did.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:19 AM

With a king there, Im having a hard time betting that flop beign 2nd to act, you missed a flop and could be very behind. Unless you have specific reads on the players and they fold frequntly to agressionw hen they miss the flop i check/fold...

Even if someone won this pot bluffing, someone couldve just as easily had pocket 2's and could of beat you -_-
Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 AM

If it's me I think I take a shot at this on the flop but it's probably close with four players. If raised, I call and fold the turn UI. After that it depends on how many are left. If there's only one left I try again on the turn, otherwise, I check/fold.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 AM

I'd bet that flop a lot, if not all, of the time.

Looks to me like SB could easily be betting a 7 on the turn.

Hopefully that would buy you a free card on turn.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM

If the guys behind you can't fold flops I play it like you did. If they will fold if they miss, I think representing AK with a flop bet is OK on a ragged board like this.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:37 AM

i like to bet this flop, they don't know you missed. Next time, when you hit, and you bet, they might think that you missed, since you bet last time when you missed. keep them on your toes, be hard to read (btw-very dumb players don't think about these kinds of things, so just check your junk, and bet your good hands against the most clueless of fishies) I bet this flop, why check? You're just letting them take the pot from you. Show aggression, you could be ahead, you need to bet here at least 55% of the time, even if you miss (that 55% is my own numbers...i like to play aggressively)

you checked, and the SB bet on the turn, he likes his king i think. Fold is good, pot is small. Let this one go.

On second though, a check on the flop isn't TOO bad. In last place a bet is definately in order, and you could win a free card on the turn. Sometimes you can check a strong hand and they won't know the difference, then you trap them.

felipe
Old 08-31-2005, 11:58 AM

[blind post]

I think this is fine. The flop could certainly have hit someone, and we only have 1 overcard. On the turn, the pot is only 4 BB, and it doesn't look like we have the odds.

On a passive table, I'd much rather have a hand like 88 than AQ on a flop like this. With so many calling down, it's sort of a 'collective collusion'. Your A-high will unlikely still be good at the river, but a mid-PP might.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:02 PM

I come out betting on this. I think I will know where I am by the reaction I get. As the pre-flop raiser, and a K on the flop, I think I'm getting most to fold.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:11 PM

I'm firing at this flop a lot, but there's not a single correct way to play this. Depends on the opponents. Also good idea not to do the same thing everytime to keep everyone else on their toes.