Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Iraq War (a few facts)

The recent posts on the Iraq War have so many factual errors I had to start a new post.

1. The current war in Iraq is actually a continuation of the one in which Iraq invaded Kuwait. That war never oficially ended. A cease fire was agreed to by Saddam Hussein. He broke the cease fire agreement when he jacked around with the UN inspectors for 10 years. Clinton didn't have time to get BJ's from Monica and perform his job at the same time, so all we had was a 10 year intermission.

2. Anyone who believes there were no WMD's is naive. Just ask the Kurds.

3. Anyone who believes there was no connection between Saddam Hussein is naive and uneducated. Just follow the Saudi money trail.

4. Anyone who disagrees with points 2 and 3 needs to realize that international politics is not the US court system where you need everything documented in triplicate for a conviction. All you need is to learn your history, read between the lines, and apply some common sense.

5. Even if we relocated Israel to Greenland and gave the whole country to the Palestinians the crazy Arabs would find something else to fight about. Go read your pre-WWII Middle East history.

Gulf War Vet (USAF 89-93)
Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

How about providing some backup for your "facts"?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 AM

Yeah I'm interested in background on point 3. You mistyped it but I assume you believe there is a link between Saddam and 9/11? Details please because even the White House won't try and make that stick anymore.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:39 AM

when stating what one believes to be facts, it is generally a good idea to provide evidence for these stated facts.

i see no evidence for your 'facts'. please try again.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:46 AM

In the 9/11 Comission report Al-Queda had terrorist cells operating in every country in the Middle East, including Iraq. That is the link between BL and SH. If SH didn't want them in Iraq he could have kicked them out. Allowing them to exist in Iraq is just like the UK allowing US military bases in their country.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 AM

Hey, Swede. Points 1 and 2 are public knowledge. Points 3 and 4 are fundamental history. Point 5 is also history. Go read pre-WWII Middle East history. The Arabs had no problem warring with each other prior to the creation of Isreal.

Try to get some English written history books, the German ones you are used to are probably out dated.

For future reference try to reply with at least a paragraph, not just a one sentence smart-ass comment.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The recent posts on the Iraq War have so many factual errors I had to start a new post.

[/ QUOTE ]
In which you can't identify any of the alleged "factual errors" but simply make up your own whoopers and direct others to "ask the Kurds," "follow the Saudi money trail" (???), "read between the lines" and "read your pre-WWII Middle East history" to locate the facts that purportedly fill the blanks of this empty shell of a post.

You might as well have written: "I can't explain myself, therefore everyone else should do this for me."
Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 AM

What can I say? Go back and try again.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:09 AM

I see another person here who flunked History 101. Start with any basic history book on pre-WWII Middle East.

If it wasn't Saddam Hussein who gassed the Kurds, then u tell me who it was?

In the 9/11 commission report Al-Queda has terrorist cells operating in almost every country in the world including every Middle East country. In case u flunked geography also, Iraq is in the Middle East.

For future reference please write a paragraph, not just a one line idiot statement.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:19 AM

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

1. You don't believe the Kurds were gassed by SH.
2. There were no Arab wars prior to Israel being created.
3. Al-Queda never operated a terrorist cell in Iraq prior to the Gulf War.
4. There was no cease fire agreement in 1993 after Desert Storm that was UN approved.

Let me know if these four statements are what u believe.