Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Is this collusion?

What, to prove he IS a cheater?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:52 PM

One that requires a serious background investigation before consideration.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:53 PM

One of my first lessons in poker was to not slowplay small edges in big pots. Reputation, at work and elsewhere, is everything and must be safeguarded accordingly.

That your boss confronted you on his turf, at work and in the morning, screams weakness (as if carping over a $10 home game loss doesn't). Circumstances require you to respond with stength and force him to back down.

You: "Say, we did run pretty good last night. How much did you guys lose to us?"

Chat facts for a while, agree on amounts. Boss should welcome the shift to familiar ground, and be disarmed by lack of denials.

You: "I've played in games before where I felt cheated. The worst thing about it is feeling like you'll never get the chance to get even. I want a chance to prove to you that you lost fairly.

"Let's have another game. You supply the venue, decks, and a neutral dealer. Bring as many observers as you like, as many players and as much money.

"I'll bring at least $X--triple your losses--and play until it's gone or you call it off. Is that fair?"
Old 08-31-2005, 11:04 AM

Default I love this little mistake

You are most likely in a know win situation here.

this is classic I'm stealing it...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep playing with Friend and keep laying with Boss

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent typo.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 PM

You know you didn't cheat. If you want to explain to yuor boss that the fact is good players play less habnds total, thus the two best players in the game, by simple math, would be playing the least hands against each other and see if he understands why then go ahead. If he doesn't then don't invite him again. If he sees your logic then go right ahead but assure him there's no cheating going on and if he thinks there is then he can feel free to stop playing.

Also, if your boss is that upset about losing ten bucks where do you work, a lemonade stand?**

Good luck,
Matt

** Sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 PM

"Also, if your boss is that upset about losing ten bucks where do you work, a lemonade stand?**"

So, you're only upset about being cheated when it's $100 or more?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM

Once again, I was kidding. Now read the serious part of my post and you'll see I agree it wasn't cheating, and only one who knows jack [censored] about poker (his boss in this case) would assume someone was cheating "just like in Rounders" because they weren't involved in many hands together.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:36 AM

I think this post, although highly sarcastic is significant. The amount of money matters. The fact that the boss would consider that his employee would cheat him over a home game for $10 is a lot more significant than if they were playing for $1000 and would have a much different solution.

I agree with a previous poster that walking away from this is not the answer, unless you work at a Lemonade stand. I'd just tell him the very basics of the game and about my particular style of playing "tight-aggressive" (and reassure him that his LAG style is a perfectly acceptable and winning style as well) and that I know my buddy probably has a good hand, so I'll fold a weak hand. I'll also try to beat him for even more money next time... that's how you get promoted son.