Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Is it wrong to ....

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing here but I'd bet your personal view on history is short, less than 20 years. IMHO that invalidates your opinion here.

How's that for reactionary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm sure it is short by your standards (I'm 33), but I am an avid student of history. But you can choose to invalidate my opinion since you have no real response to my suggestion that the 60s brought a lot of needed change to a rather authoritarian culture where life was great .. if you were the right skin color, gender, sexual preference, ethinic descent.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:58 PM

I have a long response to your charge. I have not the time however.

I'll go with one idea. During WWII a huge percentage of the country was united is a massive war effort. The dynamics of that war effort are impossible to imagine ever occuring again in America. Explain how this change in dynamic is not a huge long term negative.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll go with one idea. During WWII a huge percentage of the country was united is a massive war effort. The dynamics of that war effort are impossible to imagine ever occuring again in America. Explain how this change in dynamic is not a huge long term negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

You win. Global war is the answer to all the country's problems.

I bet you watch the movie 1984 and wish America was more like that, huh? More war, more "united in dynamics" of group effort, more rationing and regulation, more industrialization, more reliance on the government for what is going on in the world .... and less having to think and act for ourselves. Yes, the true American utopia of military/industrial mobilization!!! Just as our Founding Fathers envisioned -- a nation of industrial workers serving a giant war effort. Jefferson would be so proud. By the way, if you cite the American mobilization of the 1940s as our finest hour, you probably would have really loved Soviet communism.

And I am the one who doesn't know history?

Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM

there is no certain answer to this. All in all, there is little "harm" caused and little "right" made by it. It is entirely subjective.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:59 PM

So very far away.

I'm done with you but i also pity you.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So very far away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the "pity" because I don't view a country mobilized in war as a virtue we should all attain to.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The corpse doesn't have to have dignity for the act to be violating the dignity of the deceased person.

[/ QUOTE ]A deceased person can feel no dignity -- can't feel anything. The indignation is felt by those still alive.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If we've moved beyond massive war efforts and blind nationalism, I think that's a good thing.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So very far away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the "pity" because I don't view a country mobilized in war as a virtue we should all attain to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fifishon,

I'm sure kidluckee does not need your pity. I see despair, loneliness, and fears of growing insignificance in your keystrokes. C'mon wake up. It's just all-too-common for people like you to "glorify the past when your future dries up".

I recommend you take a deep breath, step back into your shotgun shack, and turn up the oldies station on your AM only radio.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:35 AM

"moral relativism" = "people don't believe what I do anymore!"

[ QUOTE ]

One last note. You've be surprised how many morticians are closest necrophiliacs. I talked to a director of a forenics school.... it's sad really.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't say? Next thing you'll be telling me theres an inordinate number of pedophiles and gays who become Catholic priests.

I think I'll make a will leaving my body to NAMCLA (North American Man Corpse Love Association). No need for them to feel guilty anymore, have at it.

Heres a question, what monetary ammount would it take for you to will your remains to a bunch of necrophiliacs?