Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: 77 Turn decision

This is a tough one, and I would have to rely a lot on my read of the player. Would he checkraise you on the flop with a pair? How about with a flush draw?

Your draws are troubling because in each case, you're not sure if you want to get there since he could have a higher heart, an 8 might give you a smaller straight, and hitting your set might give him a straight.

I think his most likely holding is a pair, and the 3rd heart scared him into betting to protect you from getting a free 4th heart. But if that's the case, you have just enough pot odds to call.

At the same time, the pot is small enough, if you're not behind or drawing dead already, the river could bring a lot of cards that would give him a better hand, so I don't think a fold is a disaster.

With all that said, if you want to get to showdown, I think the best way is to raise here and a)hope he mucks or b)hope you get to check behind on the river and pray you're good.

Do you play at Bay101 often or are you in town visiting?

Regards, Pokerhooker