Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: How often is he full of [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're looking at this hand all wrong. The question you should be asking is why am I playing tpnk in a multiway unraised pot with tiny blinds so agressively on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you play the hand?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:39 AM

I limp preflop like you did and fold to a bet and a call on the flop because I was playing 98s to make a big hand (i.e. a decent draw, two pair, trips.) You end up with second best hand spewing chips just too much if you're trying to play it for top pair value especially when you don't have a read on how villains in the hand play. Reverse implied odds of your hand on this flop is just aweful.

If I did raise the flop like you did and got a call then I'd check behind on the turn because you're just not ahead often enough to worry about protecting against the flush draw. So you keep the pot small and it makes your decision easier on the river.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I limp preflop like you did and fold to a bet and a call on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, wait, you fold top pair to that action on the flop? What are you putting these guys on? Cause i think their ranges are huge.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:37 AM

Yes, there range is big but you have a hand that is too weak to stand up to pressure without improvement on subsequent streets and unless you hit a non club 8 you won't even know if your hand improved. Without a read, I just don't believe you fold out two players on the flop, avoid paying off value bets from the hands that are ahead of you, avoid folding the best hand to a scare card bluff, or showdown the winning hand enough to make your flop bet profitable.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're looking at this hand all wrong. The question you should be asking is why am I playing tpnk in a multiway unraised pot with tiny blinds so agressively on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't ask that question because the answer's boring. His hand's likely to be good, and there's a flush draw out and plently of scary overcards to fall.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:25 PM

hard to make out what kind of hand he has here,but he must have something, i mean you have show agression and he still bets into you on the river,
of course you could put him on a missed draw but id fold,i tihnk he has a hand here
Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 PM

I play this way when I flop a monster and am playing against a player I know to be aggressive and who will almost always bet at me and keep betting. This works in holdem and I stacked off two players in PLO last night when I had the nut full boat. I think that Harrington calls this "The Hammer" (but I could be wrong). What you are doing is using an aggressive players aggression against him - he can't put you on a hand and then thinks you are bluffing. You can't use this more than once at a table but it can be very effective.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 PM

* grunching *

The only hands that seem to make sense are 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I think a set would usually come alive by the turn, and T7 appears unlikely unless you expect the average crowd to be very loose in this tournament.

You need to be good 31 % of the times here. I think it is somewhat close. With 3-1 pot odds I would auto-call this against an unknown. With 2-1 I would be tempted to fold.

I would also be more inclined to call if I would be first to act and would have checked to induce a bluff.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:06 PM

Maybe the real question is how often does he think YOU'RE full of [censored]?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:34 AM

Personally I think you have the winner more than enough of the time to make this a profitable call. It's tougher to call this against an unknown though, especially when the majority of unknowns are donkeys who could have almost any range here.

I'd call.