Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: How Much Do You Guys Make at the $55 SnG\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hit a mild downswing at the end though as you can see so it should probably be higher. About $185 an hour is normal...

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of you guys are so funny.

By saying you think your results "should" be better because you had a mild downswing, implies that you feel most of your large data sets "should not" include mild downswings.

With MesseJesse and The Don taking so much money out of these games, I don't see how there was anything left for me last year.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll bite... were you kidding or did you not realize I was being facetious? If it's the latter I am glad to see my intelligence is so respected on these forums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you were kidding. "Mild downswing" lol.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hit a mild downswing at the end though as you can see so it should probably be higher. About $185 an hour is normal...

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of you guys are so funny.

By saying you think your results "should" be better because you had a mild downswing, implies that you feel most of your large data sets "should not" include mild downswings.

With MesseJesse and The Don taking so much money out of these games, I don't see how there was anything left for me last year.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it could have something to do with the fact that there are so many players out there at a time. In a typical hour, I play against 76 other people- so every hour I play, on average, I take little over a $1 from each person. Not that huge, especially considering that it has been since March or May. Or, maybe I'm just "funny".
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 PM

Man you people are awesome.

Poker is rigged..

My T9s cant beat T6o , but you people run heaters for 1300 games and make $185/hr... WTF. I hate life.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you describe how you play so many tables at once? I can play 2 cash games but even then I'm missing things. I don't have alot of experience since most of my play has been live but I can't imagine playing 6 or 8 tables. I tried it with two cheap SNG tables just to see what it was like and I ended up short-handed at the same time on both tables. How do you manage if you are short-handed at several tables which I assume a successful player would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

The strategy in SNGs is so basic that they are really tailored well for multi tabling. I like sets because you will inherently play tighter early on with the full table and the deeper stacks. I get a bit out of sorts when I have 6 or 7 short handed tables going at once and probably sacrifice some EV. Normally, I will have 4 or 5 and it will be ok. I can say though that 8 tabling SNGs is 320498290 times easier than 4 tabling HU SNGs which I have been doing since the party switch.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you describe how you play so many tables at once? I can play 2 cash games but even then I'm missing things. I don't have alot of experience since most of my play has been live but I can't imagine playing 6 or 8 tables. I tried it with two cheap SNG tables just to see what it was like and I ended up short-handed at the same time on both tables. How do you manage if you are short-handed at several tables which I assume a successful player would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

The strategy in SNGs is so basic that they are really tailored well for multi tabling. I like sets because you will inherently play tighter early on with the full table and the deeper stacks. I get a bit out of sorts when I have 6 or 7 short handed tables going at once and probably sacrifice some EV. Normally, I will have 4 or 5 and it will be ok. I can say though that 8 tabling SNGs is 320498290 times easier than 4 tabling HU SNGs which I have been doing since the party switch.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 tabling heads up SNGs? Yikes! I would be pully my hair out! Once I played HU sngs in sets of 2, but couldnt do anymore without losing tons and tons of concentration and sacrificing EV.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:30 PM

it is -EV
Old 10-12-2005, 02:30 PM

threads like this make me never want to post anything useful on 2+2. holla
Old 10-12-2005, 03:39 PM

The problem is that the only people that are really going to post relevant personal results are those that are satisfied with them. Then everyone gets pissed off because they just think its bullsh.it, and then nothing useful or relevant gets posted. Oh well.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:27 AM

"threads like this make me never want to post anything useful on 2+2."

To me just about everything on 2+2 is useful. I learn from everyone who posts even if I don't agree with them or understand everything they are saying. We are all at different points in our game and I'm at the point where I have tons to learn. If you don't think this thread is useful why do you keep coming back to it? I keep coming back because I really appreciate people taking the time to answer my question. Maybe instead of complaining you'd like to contribute. Do you multi-table? If you do, how do you do it? How do you remember who has been raising and/or check raising, who's playing bad cards or slowplaying or all the other stuff we're suppose to notice and still act in time on every table? I'd be interested in your comments.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:52 AM

I multitable using MTH on my crappy ass monitor. I usually don't notice a slow play until it happens to me since I play a ABC type game at the 10+1s. If I'm check raised without a great hand I give it up since most low level players strive for the check raise opportunity.