Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Any way to avoid busting out in this situation?

This was an online rebuy tournament. The rebuy period was over and the tourney was half way complete. I was pretty new to the table I was on but the other players were commenting about the poor play of Mr. 10k chips that busted me and I had witnessed a few of these. He had his large stack by busting someone with a draw out on the weaker hand. I'm sure he would have played 2 pair or even top pair the same way so I didn't really have a chance to consider his actions. He could have had JT though so I should have given that more consideration I suppose. Thanks for your advice!

-Mack
Old 06-28-2004, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Any way to avoid busting out in this situation?

I dont think theres anyway you could have gotten out of the hand after you saw the flop. You def. should have bet out on the flop regardless of how loose the table is tho, there are way too many draws.. if you get raised (as u did by the 99s) then u can decide what to do at that point but to check will just give your opponents a free suck out.. However, with a big stack and UTG you could have also chosen to pass on the 44s in the first place, which is what I would have done..